Smartling is seeking a passionate, curious, and creative UX Designer to join our Product team at one of the world’s leading Translation Management platforms.
As part of the design team, you will work in the middle of it all to solve complex problems—you’ll connect with customers, collaborate with product and engineering colleagues, and iterate on design solutions alongside the lead designer.
At Smartling, you will balance research and design on a daily basis—gathering and defining insights from a variety of user research tools and methodologies that will help inform our design perspective and give our team a “North Star” for solving problems to give our users more delightful experiences.
Tasks at Hand
- Connect with members of product, engineer, and customer success teams to gather product requirements, understand various perspectives and challenges, develop innovative solutions.
- Continuous User Research to discover user pain points, validate concepts, and test designs for new or enhanced features.
- Iteratively designing easy to understand and enjoyable to use features and enhancements to complex localization tools for our platform customers, translators, and localization agencies.
- Create user flows, wireframes, and prototypes, and high fidelity visuals.
- Partake in regular one-on-one and team design critiques to visually and strategically refine concepts and designs.
- You are a mid-level designer with, 4 to 8 years of UX/Product experience.
- Have worked at technology-focused companies with product teams to create complex web apps.
- Highly proficient user of modern Design tools (Figma, Sketch, Zeplin).
- Expert knowledge of Prototyping apps (Figma, Invision, etc).
- Knowledge of and ability to apply various user research methodologies to interview, validate, and test features.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant training in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design.
- Strong design portfolio with case studies of past product work (online/digital).
- Ability to work on-site in our offices in Herald Square, NYC.
Nice to Have
- You have a foundational understanding of HTML / CSS / Frontend.
- Experience using design systems / component libraries.
- Advocating on behalf of people’s needs makes your heart happy.
- Adaptable. Whether your tasks for the day changes up or you find out something unexpected from research, you can shift gears and adjust as needed.
- Passionate. Creating great design, from initial validation to helping point out the nuance intended in your typography to developers—you live and breath design.
- Empathetic. You believe good design fundamentally must be useful and usable to people who have to use your work.
- Dependable. You don’t wait to be told—you seek out information, you ask questions, and you take initiative to make product experiences better.
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan.
- Team outings (Baseball games, happy hours, etc.)
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.