The Smartling Technical Support team provides exceptional support for platform users to enhance their experience using Smartling. Technical support is responsible for managing, resolving, and preventing problems by providing consistent, best-in-class customer service and technical expertise. You’re a great fit for this role if you are hard working, patient, empathetic, and are excited about helping users to get the most out of technology.
Tasks at hand
- Analyze technical issues to establish root cause, escalate to engineering as needed, and work to resolve support cases with customers.
- Educate and empower users by directing them to relevant product documentation and resources as questions arise.
- Identify gaps in resources and documentation to support future issue deflection.
- Collaborate across teams and disciplines to solve problems.
- Manage resolution of user challenges from password reset, to issues arising within complex workflow management tools.
- Drive product improvement through thoughtful communication of user insights.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, and a desire to deliver a best-in-class customer support experience. You’re able to make decisions and solve problems.
- Curiosity to see past a question at hand to solve a larger challenge.
- Ability to respond quickly and accurately to customers to drive one-touch interactions and future ticket deflection.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work.
- Experience with web development tools, such as Firebug and Chrome Developer Tools.
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with a help desk platforms, such as Zendesk.
- Experience with bug tracking platforms, such as JIRA.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Customer Service.
Nice to have
- Working knowledge of logging tools, such as Splunk.
- Experience with translation, localization, and internationalization processes and/or be fluent in other languages.
- Results-focused. Center on professional and personal growth.
- Enthusiastic. A fun and energetic co-worker.
- An analytical thinker. “If there is a problem I have a solution” attitude.
- Strategic. Translates high-level strategies into practical implementation strategies.
- A Leader. Proactive and will use excellent judgment when dealing with issues.
- Customer-focused. Passionate for client success at all times.
- Detail-oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail.
- A Team Player. Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally and externally.
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO.
- Voluntary medical insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Dublin at Merrion Square.
- Quarterly trips to our NYC HQ.
- Team outings (Regular culture events and initiatives, happy hours etc).
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.