Smartling is seeking a seasoned Product Manager to help us define and build our Translation Management System and associated services. Smartling brings Translation and Localization creation and management to the cloud with easy to use Dashboard and Administrative interfaces. As a Product Manager, the majority of your time would be managing the product development. You will be the bridge between our clients, the product team and an outstanding engineering team in an agile, continuous deployment environment.
Tasks at Hand
- Write requirements, answer questions, coordinate at all levels with stakeholders.
- Give direction to Design and provide wireframes and mockups as needed.
- Lead and monitor development and provide project management as needed.
- Ensure quality and usability by performing acceptance testing.
- Lead development and launch of features, and measure and monitor for success post-launch.
- Communicate and champion the Smartling Vision to development, marketing and sales.
- Communicate product capabilities and product roadmap to marketing and sales.
- Participate in pre-sales process to hear feedback directly from the marketplace.
- Answer questions from Customer Support and Client Service Managers, and directly from clients, to support implementations, launches, and day-to-day operations.
- Technical knowledge: Understanding how web apps and sites are built, both front-end and back-end.
- Ability to write simple scripts.
- Working knowledge of MySQL; comfortable executing SQL queries.
- Must be extremely passionate about the user experience.
- 4+ years of product management/ or engineering experience.
- Strong ability to envision, describe, and advocate for simple solutions to satisfy user’s complex needs.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of successful product and project management execution and leading cross-functional teams to deliver high quality products.
- Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balancing user needs with business and product priorities, and the ability to clearly articulate the rationale behind product decisions.
Nice to Have
- BS in Computer Science or other similar engineering degree.
- Understand the Translation and Localization market and the needs of companies who are globalizing and internationalizing their products and services.
- Knowledge of tools and processes used by translation agencies and professional translators, including but not limited to CAT tools, Translation Memory management tools, Terminology tools, Project Management tools.
- Curious. Enjoys learning new technologies and data analysis techniques.
- A Leader. Proactive, compelling, with excellent business and technical judgment.
- Customer Focused. Passionate about client success at all times.
- Process Oriented. Well-organized, demonstrating attention to detail.
- Team player. Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- An Entrepreneur. Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with top-notch business and technical skills.
What matters to Smartling?
- To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual, both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary and employee stock option plan.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit.
- Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter benefits.
- Amazing office located in the middle of Manhattan- just blocks from Penn Station and Grand Central.
- Team outings (Baseball games, bowling, happy hours, etc.).
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.