Truckers move America’s economy. They should never struggle to find decent pay and fair treatment. SmartHop is on a mission to arm truckers with the information, technology, and know-how to take control of their business and feel the freedom of being an independent trucker again.
SmartHop is a tech-enabled platform giving owner-operators and small trucking companies easy load booking, end-to-end back-office support, and above-market RPMs. We want truckers to earn more and stress less by giving them the tools and recognition they need to succeed in the changing world of trucking.
Uplifting truckers is what moves us, and in doing so, we will change the industry. Our service aims to become the market standard, so that respect, recognition, and transparency become the norm for every other business that serves truckers. We are building an organization that works together with the shared passion of empowering truckers, the lifeblood of our economy.
Location: NYC preferred; options in Miami & Remote.
About the Role
Are you interested in working at the intersection of applied quantitative research, engineering development, and data science and analytics? Do you have an interest in leading and growing a top-notch analytics team to develop and apply quantitative solutions? If so, this is the job for you. This role will specifically lead a group of Product Analysts. The Product Analyst team works on statistical data analysis, experimentation (A/B Testing), data pipelines and dashboarding and collaborate heavily with Product Managers, Engineering and Strategy. We are looking for a hands-on leader who can provide technical mentorship to the team, drive product strategy and OKRs, partner with Engineering leadership for instrumentation best practices, and drive actionable insights from data.
The Strategy & Analysis Manager will focus on building data foundations, actionable insights, data storytelling and partnering with executives to drive Company strategy and roadmap. You will work closely with product, data engineering and business teams to design, build, maintain and communicate (1) the data infrastructure to serve Operations needs, (2) important metrics and their calculations for all of Operations workflow, and (3) scalable dashboards and reports to communicate these metrics and insights to SmartHop, (4) Drive Product Strategy through data insights to help drive Operational Efficiency across SmartHop. This role has both strategic and technical components and will work on helping build advanced Products for all SmartHop operations.
Following Would Be What You Will Do Day-to-day
The ideal candidate is experienced working with large data sets and data visualization, as well as being passionate about data and analytics. They will also have the ability to build consensus by clearly communicating and presenting information to varying partners.
- Partner with senior business leaders and partners to manage project intake, pipeline, prioritize, and manage staffing against key initiatives
- Collaborate with Product in strategy, planning and execution through actionable data insights and data driven stories.
- Define, instrument, and maintain new and existing business critical metrics
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to the engineering team; collaborate on building / maintaining ETLs, pipelines and automations to ensure we can understand and act on business performance accurately, scalably, and minimal manual maintenance
- Run experiments and develop dashboards and data visualizations to communicate results to leadership. Provide rigorous technical mentorship to the team.
- Achieve even more scale and efficiency for Operations by identifying redundancies across functions and teams and coming up with innovative solutions
- Ensure data quality and integrity.
- Answer complex business questions to enable business and product owners to make critical decisions.
- Minimum 4 years experience working in business intelligence, analytics, or a similar role
- Ability to code Python or R and complex SQL queries
- Experience building intuitive and impactful dashboards and data visualizations that drive business decisions (using Tableau, etc.)
- Project management skills- Ability to drive projects end-to-end
- Communication and stakeholder management skills - Ability to build consensus by clearly communicating and presenting information
- MS or MBA degree
- Expertise in Statistical Data Analysis and Hypothesis Testing
- Experience working with Product Management and Engineering
- Department: Operations
- Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
- Location: NYC preferred; options in Miami or Remote.
- Work Authorization: US required
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance