Truckers move America’s economy. They should never struggle to find decent pay and fair treatment. SmartHop is on a mission to arm truckers with the information, technology, and know-how to take control of their business and feel the freedom of being an independent trucker again.
SmartHop is a tech-enabled platform giving owner-operators and small trucking companies easy load booking, end-to-end back-office support, and above-market RPMs. We want truckers to earn more and stress less by giving them the tools and recognition they need to succeed in the changing world of trucking.
Uplifting truckers is what moves us, and in doing so, we will change the industry. Our service aims to become the market standard, so that respect, recognition, and transparency become the norm for every other business that serves truckers. We are building an organization that works together with the shared passion of empowering truckers, the lifeblood of our economy.
About the Role
As Product Operations Manager at SmartHop, you will be responsible for collecting insights, requirements from the operation, rolling out products, and becoming the subject matter expert. This will require developing and delivering processes and procedures across a broad swath of initiatives for SmartHop’s product and design organization. You will collaborate across the organization with Senior Leadership and critical business stakeholders, and be responsible for the evolution, maintenance and optimization of SmartHop’s product and design planning process. You will develop and own the product roadmapping, goal setting, communication, and prioritization process. This highly-visible role will use their experience in project management methodologies to drive the planning and execution of work across our Product and Design teams while connecting and providing transparency to our business partners across the organization. You will report directly to the Senior Product Manager.
Location: NYC preferred; options in Miami and Remote.
- Establish key performance metrics for the product organizations and develop long term strategies and processes to improve them
- Help drive a cohesive product roadmap process and strategy across multiple product organizations
- Own the development and communication framework of the overall product roadmap and develop the process to keep it up to date and accurate
- Coordinate and track cross initiative projects. Foster an environment of collaboration, partnership, customer focus, quality, excellence, urgency, accountability, continuous improvement, and innovation.
- Lead the development and execution of “lean” processes to support improvements to our current product development process. Examples of this include developing common product launch procedures, a common product brief, new PM and designer onboarding processes and ongoing training.
- Develop and facilitate the go-to market process for all launches.
- Be a true “servant-leader” and support the team’s efforts to identify, communicate, and resolve interdependencies, risks, and issues. Help teams manage and resolve conflicts.
- Collaborate with the product and design leadership to understand existing bottlenecks and develop new programs and processes to address
- Own the KPI and KEI goal setting process for the and track attainment of goals
- Foster a positive culture of diverse collaboration and fun through leading efforts around team building, celebrating wins, running retrospectives, and implementing action plans to help teams operate efficiently and with purpose.
- Maintain effective communication with senior management to keep them aware of critical issues and develop action plans for addressing issues and removing roadblocks.
Skills and Experience
- 5 + years of experience as a Program, Project, Product, or Operations leader within a technology or e-commerce organization.
- Must be a solutions enabler that can understand business requirements and work with subject matter experts and stakeholders to arrive at solutions.
- Collaborative: You will need to work with a diverse set of product and design leaders to understand key issues, develop solutions and roll them out successfully.
- Enthusiastic: You’ll need an optimistic, charismatic and outgoing personality in order to lead by influencing others and you’ll be a key part of making our workplace fun and energetic.
- Analytical skills: You'll have the ability to define what data points are relevant to measure and translate those data points into actionable insights and requirements.
- Adaptable: You’ll have the ability to dynamically adapt to shifts in priorities and projects, resolving contention and solving problems across technology and our business partners.
- Transparent: Your management style must be honest, transparent and authentic and you need the ability to build relationships and trust quickly.
- Critical thinking: You must be able to ensure that the programs and processes we release will positively impact our business and not be afraid to be a voice of reason something is not working.
- Department: Product
- Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
- Location: NYC preferred; options in Miami and Remote.
- Work Authorization: US required
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance