SmartHop is a platform that empowers truckers with the tools and recognition to attain freedom and a prosperous business. Our “business in a box” model allows end-to-end company management, improves load selection, and enables low-cost operational services, thereby allowing small trucking companies to operate with better capabilities than the leading carriers.
Uplifting truckers is what moves us, and in doing so, we will change the industry. Our service aims to become the market standard, so that respect, recognition, and transparency become the norm for every other business that serves truckers. We are building an organization that works together with the shared passion of empowering truckers, the lifeblood of our economy.
About the Role
SmartHop is investing to build SmartPay, a Fintech platform for our customers to improve their operation and create a whole payments ecosystem for them. SmartPay will be a full payment solution for our customers so they can get paid for their loads faster than ever and have access to multiple additional benefits.
We are looking for a Head of the Fintech Product to the General Manager. As the Head of Fintech Product you will have a unique opportunity to set the vision, build and lead the team, and create this product from the ground up. As the leader of the Fintech Product, you will be working closely with the rest of the leadership team as well as external partners and stakeholders. You’ll build a product that will transform the way thousands of independent truckers in America have access to financial technology that will dramatically improve their lives.
Location: NYC preferred; plus options in Miami or Remote.
Key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Work with senior executives to develop the company’s Fintech product vision and strategy
- Develop and own the product roadmap and steer the Go To Market strategy
- Oversee and write requirements for all new product features and enhancements
- Manage the product development lifecycle end-to-end from ideation to execution
- Work with engineering leadership and the other to manage the building and shipping of features
- Scope resource needs including staffing, and build the operational framework to operate Smartpay, build and lead the team
- Research industry trends and understand client needs to develop enhanced solutions
- Collaborate with the other product team in order to have a cohesive approach of building all SmartHop products
- Coordinate activities between sales, customer success, product, technology, operations and marketing to coordinate and implement relevant solutions
What the Candidate Will Need
- 8+ years of overall product experience in tech-forward business with a strong focus on Fintech (Lending and/or payments)
- 4+ year experience in building, scaling and managing world-class product organizations and teams with a focus in Fintech
- Experience shipping elegant, simple user interfaces/experiences with measurable success
- Track record of creating and iterating upon products based on intuition and metrics around user/customer behavior
- Deep understanding of product architecture
- Superior leadership skills with a strong track record of successfully recruiting and developing product managers and designers and building high performing teams
- BS or MS degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field
- Great communication and presentation skills, ability to develop and tell a story
If you have the following character traits then this role is for you:
- Resilience and ability to take initiative in our constantly changing work environment
- Everything is about teams: A team builder, team player and leader who builds trust, loyalty and inspires others. Collaborative attitude and desire to contribute outside primary areas of responsibility. Thrives in a cross-functional environment.
- Don't shy away from big interesting problems and approaches them in an innovative way
- Obsessed about customers
- Results-motivated with bias for action and excellence. Self-directed, rolls up the sleeves and engages in all activities with a sense of urgency. Reliable.
- Positive and open to candid feedback. Listens to and considers alternatives. Makes decisions.
- Department: Operations
- Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
- Location: NYC preferred; options in Miami or Remote.
- Work Authorization: US required
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance