Truckers move America’s economy. They should never struggle to find decent pay and fair treatment. SmartHop is on a mission to arm truckers with the information, technology, and know-how to take control of their business and feel the freedom of being an independent trucker again.
SmartHop is a tech-enabled platform giving owner-operators and small trucking companies easy load booking, end-to-end back-office support, and above-market RPMs. We want truckers to earn more and stress less by giving them the tools and recognition they need to succeed in the changing world of trucking.
At SmartHop, our goal is to level the playing field for the independent truckers by providing a business in a box solution so they can compete in a way that would not be available to them otherwise.
We look for talented individuals with the right skill set but also who can bring new perspectives and new ways of thinking. Someone passionate about building the foundation of a company that will change the way truckers live, that enjoys rolling up their sleeves and that does want to make a difference every day.
Founded in 2018, we are a proud team Headquartered in Miami, FL but flexible to operate remotely. SmartHop’s investors include Union Square Ventures, Greycroft, Equal Ventures, Las Olas VC, and Ryder Venture Capital Fund.
Uplifting truckers is what moves us, and in doing so, we will change the industry. Our service aims to become the market standard, so that respect, recognition, and transparency become the norm for every other business that serves truckers. We are building an organization that works together with the shared passion of empowering truckers, the lifeblood of our economy.
About the Role
SmartHop is looking for a Business Operations Manager who will report directly to the General Manager. As Business Operations Manager, you will play a key role in growing the company through the launch of new lines of businesses, and the constant improvement of our current lines operation through efficiency initiatives. Business Operations will live and breathe execution and will set the pace for the entire organization
You will be in charge of executing multiple programs from inception, testing, to scale, You will conduct operational setups to ensure business results and fast pace sustainable growth, analyze performance, identify what is working and what is not, and constantly raise the bar.
Location: NY, Miami, FL / Remote
Key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Proactively scope and lead multiple projects to improve operational metrics; take accountability for project outcomes, ensure timely execution and delivery on critical metrics,
- Analyze data, build models, and aggregate insights to drive key business decisions and policies
- Provide vision to strategically enhance the performance of our core business and launch new business opportunities.
- Develop & Optimize Processes: SmartHop moves quickly and wants to scale fast. You will be responsible for the design of operational processes to fuel scalable growth and efficiency
- Product Improvement: Keen eye for new features to improve our customer’s experience as well as working to drive automation of processes.
What the Candidate Will Need
- At least 3 years of proven experience in consulting plus high-growth operations, tech, or startup environment
- A passion for improving the lives of SmartHop’s customers
- Superb communication and project management skills, with a track record of cross-functional teamwork and leading projects that deliver results
- A self-driven individual that takes initiative
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Data-driven mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Comfortable operating under ambiguity
If you have the following character traits then this role is for you:
- Resilience and ability to take initiative in our constantly-changing work environment
- Passion for data and fluency in analytical tools (e.g. SQL + Basic Statistics knowledge)
- Enjoy teamwork
- Curious: You are able to deep dive and zoom out in the business.
- Obsessed about growth and scale
- Ownership mentality
- Hustler: Get stuff done.
- Humility and hunger to learn
- Department: Operations
- Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
- Location: NYC, Miami or Remote.
- Work Authorization: US required
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Referral Program