Are you able to relate to people–understanding their wants and needs? We are looking for a marketing manager who is great at understanding customer problems and building awareness about how our services can solve them. You will have experience developing and executing marketing campaigns while managing and inspiring a team. You will be comfortable with day-to-day marketing activities, thriving with tight deadlines and changing needs. This is the perfect opportunity to build the Smarter Sorting brand and make the difference that matters.
What you will be doing
- Manage the development of programs which support our positioning and appeal to our target personas
- Build awareness and nurture a positive perception with prospects through ground-breaking thought leadership, events and PR
- Support winning and onboarding of new customers through compelling sales materials, case studies and testimonials
- Oversee customer retention initiatives including popular customer newsletters, engaging webinars and advising product marketing on their initiatives
- Bring a disciplined approach to marketing automation and lead management, working with the sales team to nurture leads and improve conversion
- Manage programs to budget, document the marketing processes and track impact of marketing initiatives; optimize accordingly
- Research the competition and share your market research in a structured format with your marketing colleagues and the wider team
- Gather customer feedback and market insights to guide outreach strategies, increase customer conversions and generate more qualified leads
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience developing marketing plans and campaigns
- Strong project management, multitasking and decision-making skills
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools
Salary: from $100k depending on experience
Smarter Sorting helps companies know more about consumer products to make, market and move them better. Our customers are the places you shop everyday like Costco and Albertsons, as well as brands like Lysol, Miracle-Gro and Colgate. They use our product intelligence to identify how to best handle regulated consumer products across the supply chain to remain compliant, avoid fines and reduce their environmental impact. We have brought together a passionate team of math nerds, chemistry wizards and retail pros. We work smart and we get stuff done. Our awards for innovation, impact and employee experience include: Fast Company Most Innovative Companies, Built In Best Place to Work, Real Leader Impact Award and SEAL Sustainable Innovation Award.
Join us to make a difference that matters.
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
401k Program with Annual Company Contribution
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Short-term Disability Insurance
Generous Parental Leave (Maternity & Paternity)
Flexible Paid Time Off
Job Related, Continuing Education Support
Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events
Unlimited Snacks & Drinks (in office)
You choose us not only because this is the role you’ve been waiting for, but also because we are a purpose-driven company committed to our mission. You’ll be joining a group of machine learning experts, successful serial entrepreneurs, data scientists, sustainability experts, recovering consultants and national account program managers whose passion for data-driven sustainability drives us. You choose us because our values resonate with you. At Smarter Sorting this means: We do what it takes. We begin from a position of curiosity. We are driven to become experts. We are real. We have grit. You share our belief that a healthy culture is key to the company’s success and more importantly our employees’ happiness.
Better decisions. Better data. Greener planet. All made possible by the best people. Come join our team!
At Smarter Sorting, we understand that a workforce that includes a robust mix of genders, ages, ethnicities, religions and socioeconomic backgrounds is more likely to reflect a variety of perspectives and thought patterns - leading to more innovation, brainstorming, problem-solving and strategizing. That is why we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.