Come work at Smarter Sorting!
Our team supports a diverse product offering and requires more talent as more partners and customers are onboarded. This is where your development skills come into play. Features, enhancements and support requests will only continue to grow, that’s why Smarter Sorting is looking for a talented Full Stack Engineer to work toward owning highly visible customer-facing projects. This person will learn our full tech stack from backend to frontend and comfortably be able to integrate themselves into our development workflow. To be successful in this role, our Full Stack Engineer needs to be able to handle new feature requests, enhancements, technology improvements and support issues.
What You'll Be Doing
- Development of features to support visibility and operationalization of recurrent data processes
- Implementing new features for various services within the data pipeline and integrating data tools and services
- Ownership of ongoing maintenance and bug fixes for internal tools to enabling support of internal and external products
- Help transition architectures for scalability
Your Experience + Skills
- 1+ years of full stack development experience
- BS Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Experience with Ruby, Python, Postgres
- Experience with Angular or Vue
- Familiar with Docker/Kubernetes, AWS, and Google Cloud
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies
Your first month
- Ramp up on all things Smarter Sorting and fully come up to speed on our tech stack
- Support internal tools with bug fixes and minor feature development
- Become familiar with internal tools and full system architecture
Your first 3 months
- Own specific feature implementations across internal tools
- Improve support tools based on the needs of the Data Operations team and trending issues in internal tools
- Provide direction and input on architecture of the data pipeline for improvements, scaling and future growth
Your first 6 months
- Fully lead and manage all types of requests across internal tools (new features, enhancements, bugs, support) with the ability to complete or delegate as appropriate
- Begin to identify areas of improvement for internal tooling and opportunities for new internal tools to support other products
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
401k Program with Annual Company Contribution
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Short-term Disability Insurance
Generous Parental Leave (Maternity & Paternity)
Flexible Paid Time Off
Job Related, Continuing Education Support
Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events
Unlimited Snacks & Drinks (in office)
You choose us not only because this is the role you’ve been waiting for, but also because we are a purpose-driven company committed to our mission. You’ll be joining a group of machine learning experts, successful serial entrepreneurs, data scientists, sustainability experts, recovering consultants and national account program managers whose passion for data-driven sustainability drives us. You choose us because our values resonate with you. At Smarter Sorting this means: We do what it takes. We begin from a position of curiosity. We are driven to become experts. We are real. We have grit. You share our belief that a healthy culture is key to the company’s success and more importantly our employees’ happiness.
Better decisions. Better data. Greener planet. All made possible by the best people. Come join our team!
At Smarter Sorting, we understand that a workforce that includes a robust mix of genders, ages, ethnicities, religions and socioeconomic backgrounds is more likely to reflect a variety of perspectives and thought patterns - leading to more innovation, brainstorming, problem-solving and strategizing. That is why we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.