Reporting to the VP of Client Services, the newly created role of Manager of Technical Services is responsible for ensuring that our clients, some of the world’s largest retail brands are successfully implemented and supported throughout their lifecycle with SmarterHQ. The Manager of Technical Services will manage a small team of Implementation Engineers and Client Solutions Engineers to start (4-5 people), and will act as a mentor/coach while we continue to grow. This is a role for someone sharp, detail-oriented, customer-driven and who enjoys mentoring and growing a team.
*Please note, this is not an internal IT role, but one focused on directly serving our client companies.
- Spearhead this newly created role - develop a playbook for a client implementation and support model that delivers a highly sustainable approach garnering high satisfaction from clients.
- Build and lead a high performing Technical Services/Implementation team - including managing the operations of the team, people, technical project auditing and scoping, and successful technical delivery of the SmarterHQ implementation for each client
- Build and lead the Client Support team, including managing operations, people, issue triage process, issue assignment, prioritization, SLA adherence, and documentation
- Become an expert in the SmarterHQ contextual marketing platform
- Successfully manage workflow and prioritize among many competing issues, working closely with the Project Management organization and Product and Development teams.
- Contribute to knowledge base documentation for both internal and client use
- Develop and participate in an "on call" model for evenings / weekends for true client emergencies (which are rare) and have some availability to address high priority support issues on nights and/or weekends when needed (infrequent)
- 7+ years of leadership experience in a role serving outside clients, ideally for a SaaS or marketing/email software platform company
- Experience with professional services models for SaaS companies
- Strong interest in a growing software startup - ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional client-facing verbal and written communication skills - personable high-touch approach over the phone with business clients and executives.
- Knowledge of ETL solutions such as Informatica a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget), Experian Cheetahmail, Responsys, or Silverpop a plus