Reporting to the Manager of Technical Services, the Client Solutions Engineer assists our clients, some of the world’s largest retail brands, to maintain maximum uptime and effectiveness for triggered email and website messaging campaigns. This is a role for someone sharp, customer-driven and who enjoys the problem-solving and troubleshooting process.
- Answer and resolve incoming support issues (email and phone) from clients
- Perform basic email HTML markup and dynamic coding across multiple Email Service Providers (ESPs), as needed
- Coordinate and troubleshoot imports of client data feeds
- Perform website content changes using HTML and CSS
- Assist clients in testing and troubleshooting campaigns using the SmarterHQ platform
- Contribute to knowledge base documentation for both internal and external (client-facing) use
- Participate in rotating “Support on Call” schedule shared with all support team members
- 2-4 years of professional experience in a client support or solutions role for a SaaS or marketing/email software platform company.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel
- Must have some availability to address support issues on nights and weekends
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage workflow and tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong phone and online communications skills - personable high-touch approach over the phone with business clients and executives.
- Works well with understanding urgent nature of clients' issues but "calm under pressure"
- Strong documentation skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget), Experian Cheetahmail, Responsys or IBM Silverpop a plus
- Knowledge of e-commerce platforms a plus
- Knowledge of CRM platforms a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Marketing or related field, or relevant experience