San Diego, CA
In this role, you will join SmartDrive's rapidly-growing Analytic Professional Services team, with an opportunity to define, build and execute custom data/analytical projects involving our customers and external partners. The projects span a broad set of domains that include driver safety, transportation operations, telematics, driver performance benchmarking, transportation safety research, and insurance.
SmartDrive collects massive volumes of unstructured (video, audio, sensor, etc.) and structured data generated by our commercial fleet customers. Data is transformed via our modern data pipeline and analytics into near-real-time actionable insights, predictive analyses and prescriptive recommendations that drive measurable value for customers. In this role, you will wrangle vast amounts of meaningful data and make it presentation-ready via best-in-class Business Intelligence and Analytics tools.
- Successfully deliver revenue-generating analytics professional services to tech giants and large corporations.
- Participate in the scoping of engagements; collaborate on scoping in statements of work
- Perform technical and analytical support to our Professional Services’ business development team during the sales and project scoping phase
- Design, develop and implement the analytical workflows to meet project objectives
- Develop domain expertise on the SmartDrive dataset and the processes through which the data was collected
- Identify opportunities to augment the SmartDrive dataset and document these as product enhancements requests for the Engineering team
- Present and communicate the results of analyses in a clear and concise manner
- Streamline the project delivery process in a continuous improvement manner
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- 6+ years of experience with data-crunching work directly supporting business decision making
- 3+ years of experience with business intelligence, specifically in querying, manipulating, interpreting and delivering moderate to large datasets.
- Experience with accessing data from a variety of data sources, such as RDBMS/SQL, NOSQL, OLAP, flat files and logs
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries and Python scripts
- Proficiency with building Alteryx workflows and/or authoring Tableau workbooks
- Excellent critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and ease with presentations to external customers
- Work and effectively engage across functional boundaries
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, techniques and tools on the job
- Efficient querying of large data sets
- Amazon Web Services: Especially S3, Presto, Spark, Elastic MapReduce
- Geospatial data processing
- Complex SQL, MDX, R
- Tableau Server, Alteryx Server
- Data modeling
SmartDrive Systems, the recipient of Frost & Sullivan's Customer Value Leadership Award for Video Safety Solutions gives fleets and drivers unprecedented driving performance insight and analysis, helping save fuel, expenses and lives. Its video analysis, predictive analytics and personalized performance program help fleets improve driving skills, lower operating costs and deliver significant ROI. With an easy-to-use managed service, fleets and drivers can access and self-manage driving performance anytime, anywhere. The company, which is ranked as one of the fastest growing companies by Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, has compiled the world's largest storehouse of more