We’re looking for a freelance industrial designer to contribute to a project involving retail environments and would need your participation between May 1st and June 1st 2017 on site at Smart’s New York City studio.
Industrial Designers at Smart are very hands-on. They make stuff, work with engineers, create prototypes, test their concepts with real users with the ultimate goal of helping improve the way people live and work. We’re especially fond of quick thinkers, problem solvers and good communicators with a well-developed sense of form, proportion, color and materials.
Naturally, you have:
- 5-8 years of experience as an industrial designer
- An incurable curiosity relating to all things design
- Passion for conceptualizing and designing meaningful product solutions for people in their homes (housewares industry experience a plus).
- Organized and comfortable leading project teams and client meetings
- Incredible 2D skills like hand sketching, Illustrator and Photoshop rendering
- Equally incredible 3D CAD skills like Rhino and SolidWorks
- Comfortable with making quick foam models and rough prototypes
- No fear of teamwork, brainstorming sessions or presenting in front of your team
- Healthy email habits, making you a communicative and responsive team player
- Ability to confidently present your design to clients and answer any questions