Senior Service Designer
We are looking for a Senior Service Designer to work full-time on a project based out of our London studio. The role would require you to work from the Smart Design London studio alongside a team of visual designers, interaction designers, business strategists, and design researchers.
Your role on the team would be to transform observed and interpreted needs and behaviours into service possibilities and then lead the definition of the overall customer experience (CX).
The project lasts for a total of 5 months, but you will join us in the second month, requiring a total of roughly 4 months. You will also be required to attend 5 client meetings, requiring travel within Europe.
You will be expected to be able complete the following tasks:
- Based on needs and behaviours of consumers, define and own the overall customer experience.
- Recommend the best touchpoints (physical, digital and environmental) to deliver on this ideal customer experience. Effectively present a case to senior client stakeholders.
- Lead the overall service definition, the service/experience principles, numerous journey maps, service blueprint, and sketches of experience scenarios.
- Collaborate with the team to inform the creation of low-fidelity prototypes for exploring early hypothesis in co-creation research sessions. You would then be asked to refine these before final validation with customers.
Naturally, you have:
- Extensive experience delivering a broad mix of service design projects that may include multi-channel, strategic and direction-setting, and capability building, ideally across a range of industry sectors
- Ideally an MA qualification in Service Design, Innovation or Interaction Design
- Experience working in a fast-moving creative agency or consultancy environment
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Act as a core team member on the project, collaborating with other team members including strategists, design researchers, visual designers, and interaction designers
- Great design is based on understanding other people, how they behave, what they care about, what they want to achieve, and how they work
- An incurable curiosity relating to all things design
- Love of teamwork, brainstorming sessions, and presenting in front of clients
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements, we’d love to hear from you. Submit your application below. We promise we’ll be in touch. By the way, as much as we like to chat, we really prefer emails over phone calls.