We are looking for an expert in technology to consult on a large European project for a healthcare client immediately. The role would require you to work from the Smart Design London Studio for a total of 4-5 months, requiring (on average) 4-10 hours in any given week. You will also be required to attend 6 client meetings, requiring travel within Europe.
You will be expected to be able complete the following tasks:
- Assess client’s current technology setup and digital transformation readiness by interviewing key senior stakeholders from the technology team. (Will require travel for 1 week)
- Advise Smart Design design and strategy team on which opportunity areas are feasible for the client to deliver on within their current technology setup.
- Give recommendations throughout the project to help the team to prioritise opportunity area ideas based on the client’s technology roadmap and future technology capability.
- Create and present a summary of the technology assessment from stakeholder interviews at client headquarters.
- Work with Director of Strategy to define transformation plan and prioritization criteria for investment evaluation.
- With Director of Strategy identify suitable pilot projects and create budgetary estimates for technology required to run a pilot project in late 2017 or early 2018.
- With the Director of Strategy define a high-level implementation roadmap with organizational change management requirements, including technical requirements.
- Present implementation roadmap to client stakeholders at the end of the project.
- Identify potential partnerships to enable client organization to deliver on the implementation roadmap.
- Required client travel includes:
- Project kick off and client stakeholder interviews (1 week)
- Client Workshop #1
- Client Workshop #2
- Final Presentation
Naturally, you have:
- Specific deep expertise in technology implementation (you’re a techie at heart)
- A degree in computer science or related field combined with experience working with designers or within a design led organization or agency
- 10+ years of experience with 7+ years of real software and/or web-app development (ideally full stack experience; framework/platform agnostic)
- Ability to present technology recommendations to client with confidence
- Collaborate with senior leadership on the project and consult technology expertise in our design process (Design, Strategy)
- Experience identifying potential partnerships with external development and technology partners
- Experience with current opensource front-end frameworks (React.js, D3, etc)
- Understanding the difference between developing for a prototype and Enterprise level development
- Navigating proof of concept and prototyping projects through corporate IT infrastructures
- Experience with developing IoT and connected device frameworks and technologies
Nice to haves:
- A background in Agile development / Scrum, seeing the strengths and weaknesses of the approach within a design-oriented process
- Empathy. Great design is based on understanding other people, how they behave, what they care about, what they want to achieve, and how they work
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements, we’d love to hear from you. Submit your application below. We promise we’ll be in touch. By the way, as much as we like to chat, we really prefer emails over phone calls.