We are looking for a full-time Associate Design Director to join our Interaction Design team in our NY studio.
At the Associate Director level we are looking for a blend of design excellence, enthusiasm to lead teams, mentor staff and lean in to business development and thought leadership opportunities. He/she will wear many hats, and will always be part of a team - they may be paired with an industrial designer, a strategist, visual designer or any mix of the above. The Associate Director will have the primary responsibility of designing how people interact with the product across industries and client categories.
- Act as Project Lead for digitally focused projects. Depending on program, responsibilities could include user research, competitive research, experience strategy, user interface design, logic and information architecture, storyboarding and storytelling, and clearly presenting your thinking in an engaging way to clients.
- Mentorship of staff defining responsibilities and expectations for report-tos, and project team members, providing project guidance and helping their professional growth.
- Assist with Business Development efforts as needed, acting as the content lead for Interaction Design and developing points of view for pitches or leading internal projects used for Marketing purposes.
NATURALLY, YOU HAVE
- At least 10+ years’ interaction design experience.
- An understanding complex systems and the relationships among people, services, and products.
- Strong concepting and collaboration skills and can share raw ideas or build on other’s ideas. You don’t hold your own concepts more precious that another’s concept.
- Hands-on skills in desigining user experiences for digital services and products, including creating wireframes, user flows, site/app maps, user stories, journey maps, personas, and prototypes.
- Solid knowledge and experience in user-centered design with a focus on digital platforms, applications, and interactions (both screenless and screen).
- An understanding and working knowledge of new technologies, and how they can be folded into meaningful solutions (and programming skills a bonus).
- Proficiency in prototyping tools, including InVision, Principle, and Figma. More advanced prototyping skills using HTML5 and Framer a plus).
- Advanced skills in standard design and office productivity tools: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office.
- Familiarity with physical prototyping tools such as Arduino or Raspberry Pi is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and have desire to share what you know.
- Empathy. Great design is based on understanding other people, how they behave, what they care about, what they want to achieve, and how they work.
No third party recruiters please.