We are always looking to connect with talented interaction designers to join our network of freelancers for the London studio.
A senior interaction designer will always be a member of a team. They may be paired with an industrial designer, a business designer, a researcher, or any mix of the above. Since we work in collaborative cross-discipline teams, our freelancers work onsite at our studio in Shoreditch.
Interaction designers at Smart will have a wide range of responsibilities that often depend on the program, but could easily include user research, competitive research, experience strategy, user interface design, logic and information architecture, storyboarding and storytelling, and clearly presenting your thinking.
NATURALLY, YOU HAVE
- At least 6+ years interaction design experience.
- A passion for creating things, solving complex problems and working collaboratively and bravely.
- You can understand complex systems and the relationships among people, services, and products.
- You have an ability to find the simplicity on the far side of complexity.
- You aren’t afraid of sharing raw ideas or building on other’s ideas. You don’t hold your own concepts more precious that another’s concept.
- You have strong knowledge and experience in user-centered design with a focus on digital platforms.
- You hold yourself to the highest standards of design and innovation consulting work, with a continual focus on what is best for the client, the user, and Smart.
- You are excited about new technologies, and how they can be folded into meaningful solutions.
- You always want to learn new things, whether you are learning about heart surgery, molecular gastronomy, cell phone technology, home energy microgrids or a new design methodology.
- You love working with a team, learning from them, creating with them, and sharing with them
- You can think on the fly with a pen in your hand. Or with post-it notes. You can explain an idea with a sketch or a story.
- You believe in rapid and iterative prototyping as a method of learning and have proficiency in tools whether that is in HTML5 or a combination of tools (e.g., Sketch + InVision).
- Proficiency in standard design tools: Sketch,Fireworks, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Photoshop, InDesign, Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, etc.
- Familiarity with physical prototyping tools such as Arduino or Raspberry Pi is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and have desire to share what you know.
- Capable of empathy. Great design is based on understanding other people, how they behave, what they care about, what they want to achieve, and how they work.