We’re looking for an experienced and talented visual designer with a background in brand to join Smart in a temporary-to-full-time or full-time capacity.
Designers at Smart are rooted in strategic understanding and human-centered design. They believe great design is based on empathy - understanding people, how they behave, what they care about, and what they want to achieve. Designers have the ability to bring an experience to life regardless of the medium spanning across brand identity, print, packaging, digital UX/UI, and the physical.
To create a strong emotional impact, our designers also understand the importance of having a true north star or vision. They can translate a vision into new, compelling design languages or push existing design languages to ensure that it’s meaningful and relevant to consumers, and authentic and ownable to the brand.
Designers are comfortable communicating and designing for a wide range of audiences and brand personalities. We are inspired by the idea of collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of researchers, designers, copywriters and technologists and working on projects at the front-end of innovation and through the final vision. Our clients include fast-growing startups and well-known brands in health & wellness, consumer products, and non-profits.
YOU SHOULD HAVE…
- A bachelor’s degree in visual/graphic design/brand communication (or a related field)
- 5+ years of experience designing visual identity systems (print and digital)
- Experience creating brand guidelines and style guides (color palette, typography, imagery, iconography, illustration & photography, tone of voice etc.)
- Impressive skills in visual storytelling, concepting and sketching
- Experience in creating production ready assets
- Mastery of design tools including Adobe suite
- Experience prototyping and creating mockups of packaging is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and have desire to share what you know
Direct applicants only. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.