At SmartBear, we deliver the complete visibility developers need to make each release better than the last. Our award winning and industry favorite tools TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr are trusted by over 16 million developers, testers, and software engineers at 32,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft.
- Build, lead, develop and coach teams of top technical talent
- Drive strategy and vision in collaboration with Product
- Drive an ownership mentality in a DEVSECOPS way of working
- The successful candidate will work from our Bangalore office in hybrid model
Zephyr Enterprise is undergoing a transformation to better align our products to the end users’ requirements while maintaining our market leading position and strong brand reputation across the Test Management Vertical.
Go to our product page if you want to know more about Zephyr Test Management Products | SmartBear. You can even have a free trial to check it out 😊
About the role
As an Engineering Manager, you will be integral part of this transformation and will be solving challenging business problems and build highly scalable and available applications that provide an excellent user experience.
- Manage diverse stakeholders and drive project execution using agile methodologies to build scalable and reliable technology solutions. Day-to-day management of large, complex product development projects as well as short term customer issues and escalations.
- Producing (or guiding others to produce) development plans, including high level estimates, resourcing requirements, risk and issue logs. Coordinating with Product Managers, Architects and other functional leads to investigate issues and deliver solutions, also work with developers to finalize the technical design of key initiatives.
- Work with other Engineering Managers to drive platform and technology strategy to truly enable cross team collaboration, target continuous release and reuse modules where applicable. Influencing, agreeing, and documenting goals for the development team and coaching them on good development practice.
We are looking for someone who can build and run distributed services at scale. Establish a development team from the ground up and drive an ownership mentality in a DEVSECOPS way of working, best practices, and organization strategic direction. Has 12 years of overall software development experience with 5 years in a people management role. Experience in analyzing major incidents, system recovery, RCA’s, performance tuning and implementing automated, scalable modernized solutions. A deep understanding and working knowledge of building high-availability, fault-tolerant, resilient, and scalable solutions and has implemented patterns around these.
- Skilled stakeholder and people manager with the ability to communicate complex messages and servant leadership approach.
- Experience with managing diverse teams and delivering high-quality projects on time.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees followed by continuous development of capabilities alongside developing and nurturing technical talent in the team.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate effectively with business leaders and technical experts at all organizational levels.
- Java on the backend, Angular/React JS. Jenkins. Docker, Kubernetes or similar and AWS.
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, Dynamo DB or similar. Terraform, Ansible, shell scripting
Why you should join the SmartBear crew:
- You can grow your career at every level.
- We invest in your success as well as the spaces where our teams come together to work, collaborate, and have fun.
- We love celebrating our SmartBears; we even encourage our crew to take their birthdays off.
- We are guided by a People and Culture organization - an important distinction for us. We think about our team holistically – the whole person.
- We celebrate our differences in experiences, viewpoints, and identities because we know it leads to better outcomes.
Did you know:
- Our main goal at SmartBear is to make our technology-driven world a better place.
- SmartBear is committed to ethical corporate practices and social responsibility, promoting good in all the communities we serve.
- SmartBear is headquartered in Somerville, MA with offices across the world including Galway Ireland, Bath, UK, Wroclaw, Poland and Bangalore, India.
- We’ve won major industry(product and company) awards including B2B Innovators Award, Content Marketing Association, IntellyX Digital Innovator and BuiltIn Best Places to Work.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.