At SmartBear, we deliver the complete visibility developers need to make each release better than the last. Our award winning and industry favorite tools TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr are trusted by over 16 million developers, testers, and software engineers at 32,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft.
Senior Software Engineer – JAVA Backend
- Solve challenging business problems and build highly scalable applications
- Design, document and implement new systems in Java 8
- Build microservices, specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON and XML
Zephyr Enterprise is undergoing a transformation to better align our products to the end users’ requirements while maintaining our market leading position and strong brand reputation across the Test Management Vertical.
Go to our product page if you want to know more about Zephyr Test Management Products | SmartBear. You can even have a free trial to check it out 😊
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be integral part of this transformation and will be solving challenging business problems and build highly scalable and available applications that provide an excellent user experience. Reporting into the Lead Engineer you will be required to develop solutions using available tools and technologies and assist the engineering team in problem resolution by hands-on participation, effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- You will write code per product requirements and create new products, create automated tests, contribute in system testing, follow agile mode of development.
- You will interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Develop scalable real-time low-latency data egress/ingress solutions in an agile delivery method, create automated tests, contribute in system testing, follow agile mode of development.
We are looking for someone who can design, document, and implement new systems, as well as enhancements and modifications to existing software with code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java best practices. Have 4-7 years of experience with hands on experience working in Java 8 platform or higher and hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required.
- API - driven development - Experience working with remote data via SOAP, REST and JSON and in delivering high value projects in Agile (SCRUM) methodology using preferably JIRA tool.
- Good Understanding of OOAD, Spring Framework and the Microservices based architecture
- Experience with Applications Performance Tuning, Scaling, Security, Resiliency Best Practices
- Experience with Relational or NoSQL database, level design and core Java patterns
- Experience with AWS stack, RDS, S3, Elastic cache, SSDLC, Agile methodologies and development experience in a SCRUM environment.
- Experience with Atlassian suite of Products and the related ecosystem of Plugins
Why you should join the SmartBear crew:
- You can grow your career at every level.
- We invest in your success as well as the spaces where our teams come together to work, collaborate, and have fun.
- We love celebrating our SmartBears; we even encourage our crew to take their birthdays off.
- We are guided by a People and Culture organization - an important distinction for us. We think about our team holistically – the whole person.
- We celebrate our differences in experiences, viewpoints, and identities because we know it leads to better outcomes.
Did you know:
- Our main goal at SmartBear is to make our technology-driven world a better place.
- SmartBear is committed to ethical corporate practices and social responsibility, promoting good in all the communities we serve.
- SmartBear is headquartered in Somerville, MA with offices across the world including Galway Ireland, Bath, UK, Wroclaw, Poland and Bangalore, India.
- We’ve won major industry (product and company) awards including B2B Innovators Award, Content Marketing Association, IntellyX Digital Innovator and Built-in Best Places to Work.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.