At SmartBear, we deliver the complete visibility developers need to make each release better than the last. Our award winning and industry favorite tools TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr and BugSnag are trusted by over 16 million developers, testers, and software engineers at 32,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft.
Back End Engineer
- This position will involve working on new features and helping to improve the efficiency and reliability of existing services.
- You will have the opportunity to work with the latest industry-leading technologies, architectures, languages, data storage, and messaging frameworks; as well as being empowered to explore and contribute your own ideas.
- You will work with languages such as Go, Java (Spring boot framework) and Node.js, developing Application error monitoring, Real User Monitoring (RUM), and observability solutions.
BugSnag is the trusted software stability "command center" for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Docker, EA, and Microsoft. We process over 1 billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications, and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features, or when to fix bugs.
Go to our product page if you want to know more about BugSnag.
You can even have a free trial to check it out 😊
About the role
As a Software Engineer at SmartBear, you will be focused on developing Bugsnag’s highly scalable, cloud based real-time error reporting or observability processing systems. This position will involve working on new features and helping to improve the efficiency and reliability of existing services. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest industry-leading technologies, architectures, languages, messaging frameworks and data storage; as well as being empowered to explore and contribute your own ideas.
- Joining an agile team of talented engineers focusing on the design, development and testing of Bugsnag's core error report and observability processing systems;
- Developing a microservice architecture in Go, Java (Spring framework) or Node.js, with Kubernetes, Docker and Google Cloud Platform (GCP);
- Working with storage solutions like MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, ClickHouse, Gluster and messaging technologies gRPC/Protobuf, RabbitMQ or Kafka;
- Taking joint responsibility for the maintenance of several sub-systems;
- Constructively reviewing colleagues’ work;
- Working closely with other engineering teams on new product features; and
- Working with customer engineers to investigate and resolve issues reported by users.
We are looking for you if you have:
- 3+ years experience developing in some of our key languages such as Go, Java (Spring Boot framework) or Node.js;
- 1+ years experience in working with storage solutions like MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, ClickHouse, or Gluster and messaging technologies like gRPC/Protobuf, RabbitMQ, or Kafka;
- Previous experience of taking responsibility for the design and maintenance of sub-systems;
- Recent experience as a software developer: working in an agile and dynamic development environment making use of continuous delivery and test driven development;
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
Why you should join the SmartBear crew:
- You can grow your career at every level.
- We invest in your success as well as the spaces where our teams come together to work, collaborate, and have fun.
- We love celebrating our SmartBears; we even encourage our crew to take their birthdays off.
- We are guided by a People and Culture organization - an important distinction for us. We think about our team holistically – the whole person.
- We celebrate our differences in experiences, viewpoints, and identities because we know it leads to better outcomes.
Did you know:
- Our main goal at SmartBear is to make our technology-driven world a better place.
- SmartBear is committed to ethical corporate practices and social responsibility, promoting good in all the communities we serve.
- SmartBear is headquartered in Somerville (MA) with offices across the world including Galway (Ireland), Bath (UK), Wrocław (Poland) and Bangalore (India).
- We’ve won major industry (product and company) awards including B2B Innovators Award, Content Marketing Association, IntellyX Digital Innovator and BuiltIn Best Places to Work.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.