At SmartBear, we deliver the complete visibility developers need to make each release better than the last. Our award winning and industry favorite tools TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr are trusted by over 16 million developers, testers, and software engineers at 32,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft.
Senior Full Stack Engineer – VirtServer/TestEngine
- Solve challenging business problems
- Design, document and implement new systems
VirtServer is a tool to run virtual services in your network. It is an addition to ReadyAPI Virtualization that is used for creating, editing, and running virtualized services.
VirtServer is tightly integrated with ReadyAPI Virtualization, allowing you to run and manage virtual services created with ReadyAPI Virtualization and hosted on VirtServer. VirtServer runs on Windows, Linux, macOS, and headless machines.
TestEngine is a test execution engine for centralizing and automating SoapUI and ReadyAPI tests to accelerate the API testing process.
With TestEngine, you can run ReadyAPI functional and security tests without installing ReadyAPI. As a result, you do not need to install ReadyAPI on each build agent when running tests from your CI/CD pipelines. Once sent, the tests are run in parallel by TestEngine.
Go to our product page if you want to know more about VirtServer and TestEngine.
About the role:
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer you will be working on improving the product and adding capabilities for our thousands of users. You can look forward to working with our best and brightest engineers, product managers, and UX folks.
- Development of one of the key SmartBear products
- Coordinating efforts and integrations between frontend and backend engineers
- Contribute to and hold when required technical discussions and requirement analysis with internal partners to drive alignment with product needs
- Drive high engineering standards by engaging in peer design and code reviews, grooming sessions, etc.
- Make sure test coverage and code quality are in line with established guidelines
- Collaborate with teams of developers, testers, UX designers, and product managers geographically spread across our different locations
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
We are looking for you if you have:
- 6+ years of Java experience
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, and writing maintainable code with good tests
- Knowledge of software testing using different approaches or tools such as TDD, unit testing, integration testing and performance testing.
- Strong diagnostic skills and ability to research, troubleshoot, and logically determine solutions
- Knowledge of design patterns and performance best practices
- Experience in following would be a big plus: Docker, Linux, security engineering and OWASP, network and configuration, SaaS solutions, modern authentication solutions such as OAuth and SAML.
Why you should join the SmartBear crew:
- You can grow your career at every level.
- We invest in your success as well as the spaces where our teams come together to work, collaborate, and have fun.
- We love celebrating our SmartBears; we even encourage our crew to take their birthdays off.
- We are guided by a People and Culture organization - an important distinction for us. We think about our team holistically – the whole person.
- We celebrate our differences in experiences, viewpoints, and identities because we know it leads to better outcomes.
Did you know:
- Our main goal at SmartBear is to make our technology-driven world a better place.
- SmartBear is committed to ethical corporate practices and social responsibility, promoting good in all the communities we serve.
- SmartBear is headquartered in Somerville, MA with offices across the world including Galway Ireland, Bath, UK, Wroclaw, Poland and Bangalore, India.
- We’ve won major industry(product and company) awards including best places to work
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.