Interested in Software Development? Eager to learn the ins-and-outs of Software QA? SmartBear is looking for a Senior QA Engineer with an entrepreneurial mindset to help lay the groundwork ensuring our SwaggerHub technology is of the highest quality before it reaches our users hands. Having an interest in Software Development is a must as you will work with Developers, Product Managers, and UX closely. As a QA Engineer you play a critical role in technical implementation, customer usage models, and the development of test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests.
SwaggerHub is an integrated API development platform aimed at teams using the Swagger framework to design, build, document and deploy APIs. SwaggerHub enables collaboration and coordination through the entire API lifecycle with integrations to engineer favorite toolsets such as, AWS, GitHub, Apigee as well as other SmartBear products. As a Senior QA Engineer for SwaggerHub, you will build and shape development practices on a tangible industry, a leading API development product with exposure to modern technology stacks and micro-services development tools
- Analyze business requirements to determine completeness, dependencies and impact on existing product functionality
- Take a leading role in defining acceptance criteria for new feature work
- Write and maintain acceptance test scenarios (BDD) for different functional areas of the product
- Exploratory testing of feature components beyond the scope of agreed acceptance tests
- Manual regression testing of integrated components for each production release
- Write and maintain automated regression tests
- Monitor and debug automation test failures
- Gain an understanding of business concepts and how users use the product
- Work with Customer Support, Product and developers on effective issue resolution
- Take leadership in advocating test process within the scrum team and guide developers in testing best practices
- 5+ years experience in software testing/test automation
- Strong knowledge of SDLC (particularly agile) and testing principles
- Passionate about quality in both the development process and final product delivered
- Keen interest in understanding how software/the product works
- Ability to analyze issues in detail and help determine root cause
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work with remote teams
- Good documentation skills when using project management and test tools e.g. JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG a plus
- Experience with source code management tools e.g. GitHub, SVN a plus
- Knowledge of a programming language e.g. Java a plus
- Exposure to CI tools e.g. Jenkins a plus
SmartBear is a Destination Employer
- Award Winning Technology - SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions including “Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development”. SmartBear was named a leader in the 2018 and 2019 Magic Quadrants for Software Test Automation, with the highest position for Ability to Execute by Gartner.
- We are a vibrant, fast-moving company. We care about our employees and provide extensive professional guidance through mentoring, coaching and training to help them establish and grow their careers.
- Open and Collaborative – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate and fun environment.
- Employee Benefits including competitive industry salaries, Private Medical Care, Multisport, snacks, integration events.
At SmartBear, we focus on your one priority that never changes: quality. We know delivering quality software over and over is complicated. So our tools are built to streamline your process while seamlessly working with the products you use – and will use. Whether it’s TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr, or one of our other tools, we span from test automation, API lifecycle, collaboration, performance testing, test management, and more. Whichever you need, they’re easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to integrate. We’re used by 15 million developers, testers, and operations engineers at 24,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Wherever you’re going, we’ll help you get there. Learn more at smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.