API Technical Evangelist
This is an exciting time for us. We’re growing globally, moving fast, and we need passionate people who want to help us shape the market. You will have the rare opportunity to work for an established company that moves at the speed of a startup, remains flexible and open to new ideas. If you think this is a good fit, let us get to know you.
Our employees are our foundation. SmartBear is built upon a diverse group of passionate, innovative, and collaborative individuals located across four continents. The SmartBear values are Smart, Open, Drive, Curious, and Accountable. Learn more about the SmartBear values here: https://www.smartbear.com/company/our-values
To build and extend SmartBear’s success and growth, were looking for a skilled API Evangelist that has market and technical expertise.
The API Evangelist uses deep market knowledge, engaging technical writing and persuasive presentation and storytelling skills to show the endless possibilities of creating unique value with both open source and commercial offerings at SmartBear.
As the evangelist, you will be the key person who develops and supports the strategy and messaging to extend and invigorate our current API community and users in the end to end API Development Lifecycle management space. As a member of the API team you can expect the role of the evangelist to participate in events and engage the internal and external technical community through online channels, workshops, meetings and user groups. As the voice of SmartBear’s API messaging you will create relationships with community leaders, influencers and (technical) partners.
This is a highly technical role with the mission of engaging and inspiring the broad community of developers. Public speaking will be a big part of your job and you will become one of the public faces of the company and THE public face of our API development story.
The evangelist will:
- Support Product marketing with a compelling message and go to market strategy/execution, while helping to define and implement strategies for measuring open source community growth initiatives
- Deliver persuasive technical presentations during events around the world and through online channels
- Build trust through active engagement with the developer community, learning about their successes and challenges, and advocating for their needs
- Show thought leadership and expertise by producing videos and authoring tech blogs, white papers, best practices guidelines, and other assets for both internal stakeholders as well as Customers and Partners
- Continuously keep up to date with latest open source and commercial API Dev Lifecycle industry trends and technologies
- Develop and support the SmartBear API Development Lifecycle strategy for the community
- Monitor the technical community for trends, best practices, and enablement needs
- Define, and create technical enablement material for internal technical audiences
- Drive technical engagement and early adoption with community, committers, customers and partners leading to open source project commits, product enhancements, and customer wins
- Assist, if called upon, for product marketing assets, product demos, industry analyst meetings, and high-level consulting
Evangelist can expect to:
- Facilitates and evangelizes the go to market strategy, messaging, and knowledge internal and external audiences to ensure that the message permeates SmartBear as well as the marketplace
- Advocates for community and customer needs with other teams inside of SmartBear
- Supports enablement of internal pre-sales, solution architects, and support services staff
Candidate with proven technical experience in:
- Modern API Open Source projects – SoapUI, Swagger
- Market trends and Open Source project maintainer or contributor
Candidates demonstrate non-technical experience:
- 10+ years Industry experience
- Superior communication and storytelling skills both written and spoken with an ability to articulate key messages clearly and explain technical concepts to a wide variety of target audiences, including non-technical and deeply technical audiences
- Active member of one or more API developer communities, with knowledge of the culture, key influencers, and industry events
- Experienced and engaging presenter - you will be the face of the SmartBearAPI Developer Lifecycle movement
- Results-oriented; committed to quality of product and service
- Ability to work in globally distributed (virtual) teams and being committed to driving teamwork and collaboration.
- Deliver work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to travel to attend global events, meetings, and conferences. SmartBear is a global and serves an International audience
At SmartBear, we focus on your one priority that never changes: quality. We know delivering quality software over and over is complicated. So our tools are built to streamline your process while seamlessly working with the products you use – and will use. Whether it’s TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr, or one of our other tools, we span from test automation, API lifecycle, collaboration, performance testing, test management, and more. Whichever you need, they’re easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to integrate. We’re used by 15 million developers, testers, and operations engineers at 24,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Wherever you’re going, we’ll help you get there. Learn more at smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.