The Zephyr for Jira product is undergoing a transformation to better align our products to the end users’ requirements while maintaining our market leading position and strong brand reputation across the Test Management Vertical. As a Back End Software Engineer, you will be integral part of this transformation and will be solving challenging business problems and build highly scalable and available applications that provide an excellent user experience. Here are key responsibilities of the role –
- You will write code per product requirements and create new products.
- You will design, document and implement new systems, as well as enhancements and modifications to existing software with code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java best practices.
- You will interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Develop scalable real-time low-latency data egress/ingress solutions in an agile delivery method
- You will create automated tests, contribute in system testing, follow agile mode of development.
- Being aware of current technology trends factoring this into current design and implementation, fix bugs quickly whenever required.
- Develop solutions using available tools and technologies and assist the Engineering team in problem resolution by hands-on participation.
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- You will report to the Lead Engineer managing the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required.
- Total 3-6 years of experience with hands on experience working in Java 8 platform or higher
- API - driven development - Experience working with remote data via SOAP, REST and JSON.
- Hands on experience in delivering high value projects in Agile (SCRUM) methodology using preferably JIRA tool.
- Unit Testing (JUnit preferred)/ TDD - Scripting & Automated Testing, Continuous Integration and deployment (Jenkins)
- Good Understanding of OOAD, Spring Framework and the Microservices based architecture.
- Experience in GIT, Maven, Jenkins or such build automation tools
- Good understanding of technologies like Docker, Unix commands, and shell scripts
- Experience with Relational or NoSQL database
- Experience in low level design and core Java patterns
- Experience with AWS stack, RDS, S3, Elastic cache etc. is a strong plus.
- Good understanding of SSDLC, Agile methodologies. Agile development experience in a SCRUM environment is a strong plus.
- Excellent articulation, communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills are required.
- Excellent time management, organization and planning skills are essential.
- Experience with Atlassian suite of Products and the related ecosystem of Plugins is good to have but not mandatory.
- Award Winning Technology - SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions including “Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development”. SmartBear was named a leader in the 2018 and 2019 Magic Quadrants for Software Test Automation, with the highest position for Ability to Execute by Gartner.
- We are a vibrant, fast-moving company. We care about our employees and provide extensive professional guidance through mentoring, coaching and training to help them establish and grow their careers.
- Open and Collaborative – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate and fun environment.
- Employee Benefits including competitive industry salaries, Private Medical Care, Multisport, snacks, integration events.
At SmartBear, we focus on your one priority that never changes: quality. We know delivering quality software over and over is complicated. So our tools are built to streamline your process while seamlessly working with the products you use – and will use. Whether it’s TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr, or one of our other tools, we span from test automation, API lifecycle, collaboration, performance testing, test management, and more. Whichever you need, they’re easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to integrate. We’re used by 15 million developers, testers, and operations engineers at 24,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Wherever you’re going, we’ll help you get there. Learn more at smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.