Are you an expert in building scalable Platform solutions and looking to work on the project of your career? SmartBear is seeking a Back-End Platform Engineer who is ready to make an impact! In this unique role, you will be working with internal teams around the globe to build the next generation of interconnected SmartBear applications and services. You can look forward to working with our best and brightest engineers, product managers, and UX folks to deliver meaningful centralized "Platform" services that are consumed by multiple product development teams.
- Lead the efforts to evolve the architecture of the SmartBear Platform from a functional and operational point of view
- Provide technical leadership for the back-end engineering stack by shaping the needs of all SmartBear products
- Contribute to and lead when required technical discussions and requirements analysis with internal partners to drive alignment with product needs
- Drive high engineering standards engaging in peer design and code reviews, grooming sessions, etc.
- Make sure test coverage and code quality is in line with established guidelines
- Collaborate with teams of developers, testers, UX designers, product managers geographically spread across our different locations
- Experience of server-side software engineering in Java 8/11
- Experience of building micro-service architectures deployed in a containerized environment using Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience building platform solutions on top of event streaming systems like Kafka, Active MQ, etc.
- Experience with RDBMS (e.g. Postgres) - schema / query design & implementation
- Experience of CI/CD pipelines driving automation and quality. Previous experience working with Jenkins is a big plus
- Experience of high-volume SaaS applications on AWS
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Proficient in synchronous and asynchronous API design
- Solid understanding of object-oriented, functional programming and writing maintainable code
- Knowledge of design patterns and performance best practices
- Preferably having knowledge in security engineering and OWASP
- English written and verbal communication skills on at least B2 level
SmartBear is a Destination Employer
- Award Winning Technology - SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions including “Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development”. SmartBear was named a leader in the 2018 and 2019 Magic Quadrants for Software Test Automation, with the highest position for Ability to Execute by Gartner.
- We are a vibrant, fast-moving company. We care about our employees and provide extensive professional guidance through mentoring, coaching and training to help them establish and grow their careers.
- Open and Collaborative – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate and fun environment.
- Employee Benefits including competitive industry salaries, Private Medical Care, Multisport, snacks, integration events.
SmartBear has an established, high growth culture and environment with a financially strong, 650+ employees across global locations company. The company’s open and transparent working ethos makes it an enjoyable place to work. We provide leading companies with the technology to help them build some of the greatest applications, high performing websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We work with companies such as Cisco, Google, Disney, Apple, JetBlue, Johnson & Johnson and leading venture-backed, start-ups (as well as 25,000+ other companies). We have a community of over 4 million users that leverage our software and solutions. Please visit smartbear.com for more information.
Candidates must have the ability to work permanently in the country without restriction. Please include following consent into your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych w celu rekrutacji, jak również na potrzeby przyszłych rekrutacji, zgodnie z art. 6 ust. 1 lit. a Rozporządzenia Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (UE) 2016/679 z dnia 27 kwietnia 2016 r. w sprawie ochrony osób fizycznych w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych i w sprawie swobodnego przepływu takich danych oraz uchylenia dyrektywy 95/46/WE (ogólne rozporządzenie o ochronie danych)".