SmartAsset is an online destination for consumer-focused financial information and advice that powers SmartAdvisor, a national marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors. Reaching approximately 75 million people each month (as of Sept. 2021) through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset's mission is to help people make smart financial decisions. Ranked on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ lists of fastest growing companies in 2021, SmartAsset closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator's list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020.
About the Team:
This is an unparalleled opportunity to build product experiences that serve one of the most fundamental human needs: finding financial security and freedom. Specifically, your work will empower financial advisors, easing the client acquisition process so that these investors have an expert supporting and serving their needs.
About the Job:
We are seeking an exceptional person to become a leader within the Product team. This person will play a key role in redefining how we serve advisors on the SmartAsset platform by building products that will not only help advisors nurture potential clients and use the platform more effectively, but also partner with internal teams to help serve advisors better. A successful candidate is able to lead with influence such that their team delivers unparalleled customer value that maps back to business impact. You will be responsible for driving product vision, championing the user insights, and ensuring that only the strongest feature concepts are being delivered. You live and breathe SmartValues like we empower our users, earning trust collaborating across the company, leveraging data that fuels our decisions, while continuously striving to rise and adapt.
- As a Senior Product Manager on this team, you’ll oversee the full product development lifecycle - from ideation to distribution - taking our Advisor Experience offering to the next level.
- You will drive a strategic vision, own your respective roadmap, and manage multiple projects aimed at delivering products that ease the client acquisition process for advisors.
- You will work cross-functionally, collaborating closely with designers, internal and external technology partners, sales, operations as well as other teams throughout the organization.
- You will measure and report on product metrics with an understanding of their effect on the overall business so that you can recommend impactful new products or product enhancements.
- You will leverage your expertise and share best practices to grow and develop more junior members of the SmartAsset Product team.
Skills / Experience You Have:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a product management role.
- You have a proven track record of delivering quality work on time, leading cross-functional teams and are knowledgeable in UX design, technology, and data analysis.
- You have experience in an Agile development environment, working directly with internal and external technology partners.
- You have excellent decision-making skills and experience guiding prioritization with the ability to make trade-off decisions to meet customer needs and internal technology constraints.
- You are an exceptional communicator, able to explain complex concepts in simple terms and build consensus around ideas.
- Smart with heart!
Skills / Experience Preferred:
- You are familiar with the financial planning / advice industry.
- You have intermediate or higher knowledge of SQL and experience manipulating large datasets with Python, R, etc.
- You have a BA / BS in an analytical field such as economics, math, computer science, engineering.
Available Benefits & Perks:
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote - flexibility to work from anywhere in the contiguous US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision - multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance - basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- 401K - 3% match with immediate vesting
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Resource Groups supporting our underrepresented communities
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
- Health and Wellness Stipend
- Monthly Food Delivery Stipend
SmartAsset is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at Recruiting@smartasset.com.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Nevada, Rhode Island, Washington, and New York City residents* Minimum Salary of $117 - 205K + equity + benefits
Salary at SmarAsset is determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the contiguous United States.