SmartAsset is on a mission to help people get better Financial Advice. Our vision is to be the web’s go to resource for financial advice powering the largest marketplace connecting consumers with financial advisors and financial products.
We have raised $110 Million in Series D Funding, bringing our valuation to over $1 Billion to further fuel SmartAsset’s continued growth of its market defining SmartAdvisor platform. Today, SmartAsset reaches more than 100 million people each month through its personal finance content, custom tools and personalized calculators. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator's list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020.
SmartAsset has been featured in hundreds of publications, including the Wall Street Journal, CNN, TechCrunch, The New York Times, CNBC, FOX Business, The Washington Post, U.S. News World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek and Barron’s.
About the Team:
You’ll be working as part of a small but essential team making important decisions and improvements to our infrastructure. This team will branch into all aspects of our application and will provide expertise and support to other development teams when needed. You’ll get the opportunity to work with many other talented individuals and feel that you’re making an impact in the work that you’re doing.
About the Job:
- Develop and scale an organization with a service-first attitude
- Provide leadership and technical direction across multiple disciplines of information technology - helpdesk, information security, directory services, hardware procurement + deployment and others.
- Define information technology strategy through the prioritization and accountability of a roadmap and regular communication of its progress
- Collaborate with the information security office to prioritize and execute the information security needs of the organization
- Exercise your data driven decision skills by owning the information technology governance process of evaluation, selection, procurement, management and retirement of infrastructure and services
- Expand the team’s current capabilities by identifying and onboarding employees, contractors and/or vendors to fill in knowledge and execution gaps
- Provide mentorship and career guidance to a small team of information technology professionals
Skills / Experience You Have:
- 10+ years experience in an information technology role and 5+ years experience in organizational leadership and career development
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in information security projects in medium- to large-sized companies
- Excellent working knowledge of computing infrastructure designed for employee efficiency
- Proficiency in keeping up to date with emerging trends in the information technology field
- Experience managing outside vendors through their whole lifecycle
Skills / Experience Preferred:
- Demonstrated expertise in logistics and procurement in hardware for a nationally distributed team
- Articulate and proactively communicate priorities and status of the department
- Experience Implementing policies to support audit and SOX procedures
- You thrive in learning from colleagues and mentoring others
- Administration experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Experience in a fast-growing organization is a plus
Available Benefits and Perks:
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote - flexibility to work from anywhere in the US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision - multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance - basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- 401K - 3% match with immediate vesting
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Resource Groups supporting our underrepresented communities
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
- Health and Wellness Stipend
- Monthly Food Delivery Stipend
SmartAsset is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at Recruiting@smartasset.com.