SmartAsset is an online destination for consumer-focused financial information and advice that powers SmartAdvisor, a national marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors. Reaching approximately 75 million people each month (as of Sept. 2021) through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset's mission is to help people make smart financial decisions. Ranked on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ lists of fastest growing companies in 2021, SmartAsset closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator's list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020.
SmartAsset has been featured in hundreds of publications, including the Wall Street Journal, CNN, TechCrunch, The New York Times, CNBC, FOX Business, The Washington Post, U.S. News World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek and Barron’s.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will lead the development and the deployment of machine learning models that will drive business decisions, with a focus on model monitoring. You will mentor junior data scientists, and lead the data team expansion and adoption of good practices.
You will utilize your strong problem-solving skills, computational experience, and business analytics to solve real-world problems at scale. You will design and implement a variety of data products to support and drive business operations. You will cooperate with other business leaders from different teams (Sales, Marketing, Product, and Technology).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in Python and SQL
- Strong data visualization and analysis skills (pandas, numpy, matplotlib, scikit learn, tensorflow, etc)
- Professional experience with the development and deployment of predictive models, with an emphasis on time series and categorization models.
- Professional habits around model validation, testing, and tracking
- Knowledgeable of best practices such as version control (git), documentation, environments, unit tests, containerization, and task scheduling
- Experience with statistical techniques and their applications in a business environment
- An investigative journalist-type approach when it comes to getting answers to a problem
- Comfort with cross-team collaboration and communicating technical ideas to a non-technical audience
- Strong quantitative background, having either been a graduate of a data science bootcamp, or the holder of an undergraduate or graduate degree in data science, statistics, mathematics, physics, econometrics, or another related quantitative field
- 5 years of relevant working experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with ML services like AWS Sagemaker, DataBrew, Feature Store
- Experience with prototype-to-production model development
- Experience with model monitoring (drift / performance…)
- Comfortable in working on the line between data science and data engineering
Available Benefits and Perks:
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote - flexibility to work from anywhere in the US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision - multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance - basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- 401K - 3% match with immediate vesting
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Pet Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Home Office Stipend
- Health and Wellness Stipend
- Monthly Food Delivery Stipend
SmartAsset is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at Recruiting@smartasset.com.