SmartAsset is a leading online destination for consumer-focused financial information and advice that powers SmartAdvisor, a national marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors. Reaching approximately 75 million people each month (as of Sept. 2021) through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset’s mission is to help people make smart financial decisions.
Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in 2021, SmartAsset recently closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator’s list of Top 100 Companies of all time, 2021 Best Financial Planning Technology Company in New York by Wealth & Finance International, and Forbes’ list of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020.
As Vice President, Data and Analytics you will be responsible for establishing the vision and strategic priorities for analytics, data science, data governance, and data engineering across the company. A key opportunity in this role is to establish, staff and lead a modern, sustainable data governance program, in close collaboration with leaders across the company in Sales, Marketing, Product, and Technology. You will scale our data science and data engineering teams which produce and manage critical products and platforms for a rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate will have a strong quantitative background, and strong experience working collaboratively with business partners to deliver impactful data products.
- Collaborate with company leaders to define the vision and roadmap for analytics and data science across multiple business functions
- Lead data science and data engineering teams to ensure alignment to company goals, and consistent communication of progress toward goals
- Collaborate with leaders across the company to integrate data governance processes into software development, risk management, and compliance functions
- Develop plans for long term scaling of modeling and analytics, including machine learning models at scale
- Develop roadmap to leverage best-fit cloud based data platforms, storage, and analytics capabilities
- Work closely with other Technology and Product leaders to execute on vision of a highly-scalable event-driven architecture
- Provide direct leadership and mentorship to data scientists, engineers and product managers executing against our analytics vision
- Work with our CTO and other Product and Technology leaders as a key contributor to our overall Product and Technology vision
Required Skills and Experience:
- High integrity and value driven, including the proven ability to build/scale high-performing value-driven organizations
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across different teams, on multiple strategic priorities
- Proven ability to create and drive a vision for an organization
- Strong background in data science, or platforms which support data science, at significant scale
- Direct experience supporting marketing analytics, including ROI reporting, attribution, and optimization across services, markets, and channels
- Experience with cloud-based data and analytics platforms, including a mix of relational, non-relational, streaming and event-based architectures.
- Experience working with event-based architectures and technology platforms
- Excellent mentoring skills, based on strong depth in quantitative roles
- Experience as leader in a regulated industry
- Remote-first work environment
- Virtual happy hours and team social activities
- Generous benefits package with cost of some medical and dental plans covered at 100%
- 401(k) plan with match that immediately vests
- Professional education reimbursement program
- Paid Parental Leave