SmartAsset is on a mission to help people get better Financial Advice. Our vision is to be the web’s go to resource for financial advice powering the largest marketplace connecting consumers with financial advisors and financial products.
We just raised $110 Million in Series D Funding, bringing our valuation to over $1 Billion to further fuel SmartAsset’s continued growth of its market defining SmartAdvisor platform.
Today, SmartAsset reaches more than 100 million people each month through its personal finance content, custom tools and personalized calculators. In addition, financial advisors and firms on its wealth management referral platform, SmartAdvisor, now generate $1.5 billion in new, closed assets under management (AUM) per month.
This is an unparalleled opportunity to build experiences that serve one of the most fundamental human needs to find financial security and freedom through personalized and humanized products & services that inspire trust at scale.
We are seeking an exceptional designer to join our Design and User Experience team, to help develop the future evolution of the product design at SmartAsset including our SmartAdvisor marketplace. The product suite spans a wide range of experiences including Investor Funnel(s) and Matching Algo, SmartAdvisor Match, Concierge Tech and Advisor Software. A successful candidate is a skilled designer with experience designing and delivering world-class products and user experiences aligning to industry standards and UX best practices. You live and breathe SmartValues like empowering our users, earning trust collaborating across the company, leveraging data that fuels our decisions, while continuously striving to rise and adapt. You are joining a rock-star team.
- Passionately drive the product vision as a key stakeholder in development from concept to launch, creating high-performance designs that solve both user needs and hit business goals
- Collaborate with product managers, UX research, front-end developers and engineers to develop simple and elegant solutions for complicated concepts
- Generate comprehensive wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes quickly while balancing multiple projects simultaneously
- Work closely with the Design/UX team to champion the voice of the brand and establish a design system at SmartAsset
- 5+ years of experience as a product designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- Strong familiarity with industry standard design and UX best practices
- Ability to drive design concepts from business strategy discussions through to day-to-day execution quickly
- Excellent communication skills - you can clearly articulate your design vision through verbal and written explanation, sketching, or quick mock-ups to small or large groups, from designers to the leadership team
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and the ability to prioritize multiple work streams in a fast-paced organization
- Proficiency in a variety of digital product design/prototyping tools, including Figma, Sketch, InVision, and Illustrator.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and JS (bonus)
- Virtual happy hours and team social activities
- Generous benefits package with cost of some medical and dental plans covered at 100%
- 401(k) plan with match that immediately vests
- Professional education reimbursement program
- Paid Parental Leave