SmartAsset is a leading online destination for financial advice that powers SmartAdvisor, the largest marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors and financial products. Reaching more than 100 million people each month through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset’s mission is to help people make smart financial decisions. Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in 2021, SmartAsset recently closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator’s list of Top 100 Companies of all time, 2021 Best Financial Planning Technology Company in New York by Wealth & Finance International, and Forbes’ list of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020.
As an Email Marketing Specialist, you’ll work with the Marketing team to support our email and SMS messaging campaigns to consumers. You’ll work closely with our Director of Email Marketing to engage consumers that have used SmartAsset’s financial advisor matching tool. You’ll also participate in efforts to build newsletters around specific financial topics and increase consumer engagement with a range of personal finance content, tools and products.
- Assist in setting up, QA’ing and launching email automations across the user lifecycle to exploit incremental revenue opportunities while guiding users to SmartAsset’s free resources: award-winning personal finance writing, 20+ calculators, comparison rate tables, and more.
- Code and QA emails to ensure email renders in a user-friendly manner across various devices and that personalized logic functions as desired.
- Manage newsletter deployments (weekly, soon to be semi-weekly), updating segments and performing list hygiene. Work with Editorial team members to test subject lines and design elements to optimize for stickiness.
- Report performance of automations and their child campaigns (and SMS) and adjust strategy of underperforming campaigns.
- Develop ongoing strategies to optimize email performance, including segment, creative, and cadence testing.
- 3-5 years experience in email marketing
- Hands on experience with HTML, subscriber segmentation, and campaign development
- Strong analytical skills with ability to derive insights to inform program decisions
- Proficient with a variety of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel or equivalent
- Ability to manage competing priorities and execute responsibilities at a high level
- Results-focused ‘doer’ that wants to make a big impact on a rapidly growing business
- SQL experience a plus
- Virtual happy hours and team social activities
- Generous benefits package with cost of some medical and dental plans covered at 100%
- 401(k) plan with match that immediately vests
- Professional education reimbursement program
- Paid Parental Leave