SmartAsset is an award-winning financial technology company pursuing the singular mission of empowering people to make smart financial decisions. Recently named one of Y Combinator's Top 100 companies of all time, we have raised more than $50 million in venture capital. Our personal finance tools, calculators and content reach more than 45 million people each month.
We’ve been featured in hundreds of publications including The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Mashable, TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Washington Post, US News & World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek, Barron’s and many more.
SmartAsset is looking for an Editor to join our growing team. The person will manage a team of freelance writers to create high quality personal finance content. The ideal candidate has a passion for personal finance education and data-based decision making, has produced content for a digital audience with a focus on SEO and possesses strong editing and writing skills.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years as a digital editor
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university, preferably in journalism or business
- Previous experience in personal finance, especially retirement and investing is preferred
- Expert level knowledge of SEO best practices
- Strong project management skills
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities with minimal oversight
- Ability to create well-written content in a timely and consistent manner
- Outstanding editing, grammar and online writing skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with data analytics platforms like Google Analytics and Parse.ly
- Catered lunch three times per week
- Casual dress code
- Weekly happy hours
- Regular team social activities such as a company book club, sports leagues, community service opportunities and more
- This is a 3-month contract position, based in our New York City office