FinTech, meet Sports Betting
Smarkets UK has revolutionized peer-to-peer trading on sports and politics. We’ve built a platform that operates like a stock exchange, yet is modern, sleek, easy to use, and has handled over $10 billion worth of trades since 2010. The US office opened in 2017 and has since helped the Company expand by creating a sportsbook that is the first of its kind, SBK. Utilizing the tools which made our exchange so successful, we've modernized them even further to create a product that takes the relatively solitary experience of betting, and made it into a social one.
Our success is directly attributable to the exceptional talent that work at Smarkets; so the role of the Software Engineer is vital. Due to our unique team structure, roles and projects can shift as the needs of the team, product, and individual evolve. Engineer's at Smarkets work on a variety of projects, and as such we look for Engineer's with a wide range of experience.
- Write robust, high-performance code, usually Python.
- Write and code individual programs according to specifications.
- Examine existing software and determine requirements for new/modified systems in light of business needs.
- Test and correct software programs.
- Contribute to the organization by advancing culture, challenging colleagues, and perpetuating a knowledge-driven environment.
- Define your own role within the context of self-management (we'll help you get settled).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong coding skills.
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Able to transform feasibility studies to design software solutions.
- Experience implementing and evaluating software.
- Able to operate in a Linux environment.
- The ability to learn with enthusiasm.
- Functional programming knowledge.
- Experience with web technologies and methodologies like web servers, REST, and protocol buffers.
- Interest in probability, sports, and exchanges.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Stipend for furthering education.
- 100% employer paid health insurance.
- Flexible work environment.
- Free lunch, social events, and parties on a frequent basis.
- Dog friendly office.
- The Downtown LA office is very close to the metro.
Salary determined by peer review and dependent on experience. Stock options, and other benefits for qualified candidates.
This is a full-time job based in Downtown LA.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the US when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.