Smarkets is an exchange platform for betting and trading on sport and politics. We operate two main consumer products - the Smarkets exchange and SBK sportsbook app - in the UK, US, and other global markets.
We are searching for an Head of Human Resources with UK and US experience who will help drive Smarkets forward as an employer of choice and execute the people strategy whilst promoting a high-performance culture that translates into successful talent retention and development plans.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in managing HR issues in companies with FTE over 150, preferably in a highly tech-driven environment. We will be looking for solid ROI cycles in defining, orchestrating and co-executing people-focused initiatives as well as the ability to establish and maintain trust relationships across the business whilst navigating a highly collaborative work environment. This is a key role working as an integral part of the team and reporting directly to the Chief People Officer.
- Good understanding of and prior work experience in growing HR functions for a high-growth company or in a corporate environment
- Minimum of 3 years in a people-related managerial position
- Must have familiarity with employment laws and HR procedures in the US
- Tangible experience in ER and employee life cycle
- Experience putting together compensation and benefits
- Highly data driven and thrives in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Great ability to influence, harness trust and buy in across different levels of the business
- Strong work ethic, integrity and empathy
- Calm under pressure and the ability to identify and manage conflict effectively
- Familiarity with optimising HR systems vendors and employee benefits providers while minimizing employee-related spend
- Policies: Ensure all current policies and procedures are kept up-to-date and in line with employment legislation
- Strategy: roll-out people-related strategy, including professional development schemes, progression frameworks and Learning and Development opportunities
- Support: Supporting and mentoring more junior People team members in areas such as contract management, compliance, and other areas of administration
- Systems: manage and scale all of the systems, tools and processes related to core areas of the HR function including global payroll, benefits, and sponsorship logistics, ensuring our people-management infrastructure and processes are efficient, compliant and measurable
- Visa experience a bonus
- Push to win
- Make others better
- Give a shit
- Be a pro
- Bring the energy
Smarkets brings a professional and tech-first approach to the sports betting world which has allowed us to create one of the most sophisticated products in the industry. Our working culture is built on trust and rewards people on merit and excellence with high degrees of autonomy, allowing you to make the biggest impact during your time at Smarkets. Whether it's pushing new features or changing the direction of our tech stack, you'll be a key force in driving the company forward.
You can expect a friendly, upbeat and social atmosphere in the office, with plenty of conversation taking place over the delicious cooked meals by our fantastic chefs. Fundamentally, we aim to create a positive and comfortable working environment which allows you to perform at your best.
Smarkets is an equal opportunities employer and takes active steps to prevent bias and discrimination in our interview process. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.