About the Position
Being a Software Engineer at Smarkets means working in high-performing teams that have control over the features they ship and the code they write. We have built a modern tech stack around Linux, Kafka, Postgres, and Kubernetes using Python 3, C++ 17 and React.
The Smarkets platform is used by tens of thousands daily through the app, website or REST API. We are continuously developing new features for these platforms, or improving performance, scalability and usability in the backend.
We are looking for an engineer to work on our tooling to help improve the way developers work. This includes working on our development environment, as well as the various internal tools we have for developers; this includes our shipping tool and Slack bots.
You will also have the chance to work on new features that will benefit the company as a whole; future project ideas include extensive service tracing and ad-hoc, testable environments for developers to use.
- You have a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or relevant experience, with a good understanding of software design, data structures, and algorithms
- You enjoy writing elegant, well-tested and maintainable code
- You are familiar with Python 3, C++, React, React Native, or Rust. This is a plus, but not a must
- You enjoy collaborating with others
- You can talk comfortably about software at both a high (design) and low (algo) level
- You are passionate about improving developer experiences
- You enjoy making internal processes more efficient
- You are self-sufficient and can work together with various teams without necessarily being part of one
- Kubernetes experience is helpful, but not required
Smarkets brings a professional approach to the sports betting world which has allowed us to create one of the most sophisticated products in the industry. We embrace collaboration and our culture of trust, innovation, and scientific rigour has enabled us to grow to where we are today. Our people have a large impact on the product - be it changing the direction of our technical stack or pushing new features - you’ll be key in driving Smarkets forward.
Our culture is built on the principles of self-management and rewards people on merit and excellence, avoiding the bureaucracy of pyramid management. Ultimately we are a group of like-minded individuals who enjoy learning, playing, and eating the excellent meals provided by the chefs!
Please find more information about our engineering interview process at - https://smarketshq.com/