About the Role
Engineers in the Mobile team are responsible for managing the Android and iOS apps. The two key areas of focus of the team are product and performance. On the product side we are creating new, more advanced features like event visualisation, charts, and trading oriented tools. Whilst on the performance side a betting exchange handles a lot of real-time data, so the mobile applications are much more complex than a typical app - we are aiming to simplify and speed up where possible.
- You have a Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience, which has given you a good understanding of software design, data structures, and algorithms
- You have worked on a complex app with a large user base
- You are familiar with React Native
- You enjoy collaborating with other engineers, data scientists and non-technical members of staff to bring new product ideas to life
- You have a passion for UI/UX
Smarkets brings a professional approach to the sports betting world which has allowed us to create one of the most sophisticated products in the industry. We embrace collaboration and our culture of trust, innovation, and scientific rigour has enabled us to grow to where we are today. Our people have a large impact on the product - be it changing the direction of our technical stack or pushing new features - you’ll be key in driving Smarkets forward.
Our culture is built on the principles of self-management and rewards people on merit and excellence, avoiding the bureaucracy of pyramid management. Ultimately we are a group of like-minded individuals who enjoy learning, playing, and eating the excellent meals provided by the chefs!