About the Position
We are looking for a Quant Developer to join our market making team to work on the pricing technology that allows our trading strategies to be implemented, back-tested and optimized. We build trading strategies that operate within a fully automated algo trading environment and as such we need individuals who have a good understanding of writing fault tolerant, robust code that is fast. To give an idea of scale, we are typically pricing around 150,000 contracts on a busy weekend.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar STEM subject.
- You enjoy writing elegant, well-tested and maintainable code
- You are familiar with Python 3 or Rust. This is a plus, but not a must
- You have experience querying databases (PostgreSQL)
- You have an interest in statistics, econometrics or statistical learning
- You have an interest in working in an algorithmic trading environment
Smarkets brings a professional approach to the sports betting world which has allowed us to create one of the most sophisticated products in the industry. We embrace collaboration and our culture of trust, innovation, and scientific rigour has enabled us to grow to where we are today. Our people have a large impact on the product - be it changing the direction of our technical stack or pushing new features - you’ll be key in driving Smarkets forward.
Our culture is built on the principles of self-management and rewards people on merit and excellence, avoiding the bureaucracy of pyramid management. Ultimately we are a group of like-minded individuals who enjoy learning, playing, and eating the excellent meals provided by the chefs!