About the Position
We're building a reliable, low-latency, highly concurrent system capable of handling thousands of executions per second. Our engineers deploy to production several times a day. As we are enhancing our AWS/Kubernetes infrastructure, we’re looking for someone passionate to help us build a low-friction, highly available system.
We are looking for a junior devops engineer who is keen to learn and focus more on the databases. Our database of choice is PostgreSQL. This role will offer exposure to all our core infrastructure and involve collaboration with our relevant SME’s.
- You are interested in learning new programming languages and technologies
- You have a basic level of SQL knowledge
- You are familiar with a programming language like Python
- You are familiar with open-source software like Linux, BSD, PostgreSQL or MySQL
- You are interested in working in a modern AWS & Kubernetes environment.
- You have worked with some configuration management tools
Smarkets brings a professional approach to the sports betting world which has allowed us to create one of the most sophisticated products in the industry. We embrace collaboration and our culture of trust, innovation, and scientific rigour has enabled us to grow to where we are today. Our people have a large impact on the product - be it changing the direction of our technical stack or pushing new features - you’ll be key in driving Smarkets forward.
Our culture is built on the principles of self-management and rewards people on merit and excellence, avoiding the bureaucracy of pyramid management. Ultimately we are a group of like-minded individuals who enjoy learning, playing, and eating the excellent meals provided by the chefs!