FinTech, meet Sports Betting
Smarkets is a peer-to-peer exchange for sports and political betting that has handled over $15 billion in trading volume since 2010. We have offices in London, Los Angeles & Malta with staff from 35 different countries.
Our goal is to upend the sports betting industry by creating a transparent platform that creates the best value for users with not only the fairest odds but also the best technology, alongside a superior customer experience. We've been able to achieve this as a result of our dynamic, self-starting company philosophy which puts the engineers in charge of driving change.
Ultimately our culture has been responsible for the work the engineering staff have achieved. We aim to have a relaxed and collaborative working environment to solve the challenging problems that we face. In-house chefs, transparent salaries and monthly parties are some of the highlights of being a Smarketeer.
We're building a reliable, low-latency, highly concurrent system capable of handling thousands of executions per second. Our engineers deploy to production several times a day. As we’re rebuilding our infrastructure on AWS, we’re looking for someone passionate to help us building a low-friction, highly available system.
- Expressed interest in learning new programming languages and technologies
- Basic level of SQL knowledge
- Familiarity with a programming language like Python
- Familiarity with open-source software like Linux, BSD, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Programming experience
- Interest in probability, sports and exchanges
- Interest in working with Kubernetes
- Experience with a configuration management tool such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Self-management structure similar to Valve
- Flexible work environment
- Sit-stand desks with wheels
- Catered meals, drinks, parties on a frequent basis
- Central London office
- Work with some of Europe's smartest software engineers
This is a full-time job based at our office on the 7th floor at 1 Commodity Quay, St Katharine Docks, London, E1W 1AZ.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the European Economic Area when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.
Smarkets is an equal opportunities employer and takes active steps to prevent bias and discrimination in our interview process. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.