The Smarkets exchange is a multi-billion pound trading platform with a rapidly growing ecosystem of sophisticated users who apply financial trading techniques to the world of betting. We’re looking for a Web Developer to join the Quant and Trading team to work on a core internal UI that we use for Risk and PnL.
The application is currently a concoction of JQuery and other legacy web technologies. The successful applicant will work with the CTO to redesign and develop the new UI in a modern style utilizing React, Redux, GraphQL etc.
- Write clean, modular and testable code with consistent code style.
- Develop and improve the website.
- Strong command of web technologies and understanding of the best practices
- Familiarity with REST APIs and Websockets.
- Experience in using the latest web stacks or libraries such as React, Vue, Angular, LESS, SASS
- Ability to write clean, componentized and well-tested code, heavily favouring reuse
- Experience solving cross browser compatibility issues
- A proven track record of writing performant code, always bearing user accessibility in mind
- Experience writing responsive and adaptive code to enable mobile web experiences
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent STEM degree
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
- Experience of working with React
- UX Experience
- Visualisation experience (D3 etc.)
- Self-management structure similar to Valve
- Unlimited holiday policies
- Flexible and collaborative work environment
- Daily catered meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), free drinks and food all day, parties on a frequent basis
- Work with one of Europe’s smartest workforces
Initial salary will be determined by peer review from candidate profile, experience, market rate and interview performance.
This is a full-time job based at our office in Tower Hill, London.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the European Economic Area when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.
Smarkets is an equal opportunities employer and takes active steps to prevent bias and discrimination in our interview process. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.