About the Position
Infrastructure engineers work on the critical infrastructure underlying the rest of the firm’s technology. The team is building a reliable, low-latency, highly concurrent system capable of handling thousands of executions per second. Our engineers deploy to production several times a day. As we are improving our AWS/Kubernetes infrastructure, we’re looking for someone passionate to help us build a low-friction, highly available system.
This is not a traditional DevOps role - more of a fusion between DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering. In fact, Infrastructure Engineers should not maintain systems. They write code and tools to take care of it instead.
- You enjoy making infrastructure more automated, flexible and robust
- You have a deep knowledge of operating system fundamentals (we use Ubuntu).
- You enjoying collaborating with others
- You are familiar with a scripting language, like Python or Bash
- You enjoy troubleshooting and know how the common profiling/debugging tools work
- You have knowledge of containerised environments and configuration management tools
- You are interested in working in a modern AWS and Kubernetes environment.
Smarkets brings a professional approach to the sports betting world which has allowed us to create one of the most sophisticated products in the industry. We embrace collaboration and our culture of trust, innovation, and scientific rigour has enabled us to grow to where we are today. Our people have a large impact on the product - be it changing the direction of our technical stack or pushing new features - you’ll be key in driving Smarkets forward.
Our culture is built on the principles of self-management and rewards people on merit and excellence, avoiding the bureaucracy of pyramid management. Ultimately we are a group of like-minded individuals who enjoy learning, playing, and eating the excellent meals provided by the chefs!