Fintech meet Sports Betting
Smarkets has revolutionised peer-to-peer trading on sporting and political events. We’ve built a platform that operates like a stock exchange, yet is easy to use and has handled over £13 billion worth of trades since 2010. We’ve only been able to achieve this success by hiring bright, curious engineering talent, and are looking for more creative problem solvers to join us. You’ll be tackling interesting technical problems from day one, surrounded by amazing software engineers who are genuinely passionate about great engineering culture.
The front-end team are responsible for managing the website, Android and iOS apps. We’re split into two sub teams of website and apps, however everyone can work on both of these projects thanks to the similarity of the syntax of React and React Native.
- Working on our new generation of apps
- Thinking about how can we make things simpler, more intuitive and easier for our customers
- Creating new, more advanced features like event visualisation, charts, and trading oriented tools
- Focusing on usability and performance - a betting exchange handles a lot of real time data, so the front-end applications are much more complex than a simple website
- Learning about UX as you’ll be working closely with our designers
- Good understanding of software design, data structures, and algorithms
- 5+ years or more experience
- Proficient in React or React Native
- Friendly and open company culture
- Three healthy meals a day cooked by our in house chefs
- Flexible work hours
- Personal training and conference budget
- Bright and friendly office near tower bridge, with the usual start-up perks (Foosball table, fruit and snack bar, various gaming consoles and more)
- Monthly office events like parties, pub quizzes or fun workshops
- And of course, a competitive salary matching your experience level
We encourage an open and transparent working environment
Smarkets adopts a self-managed work style, which allows people freedom and creativity to work on the problems that interest them, and solve them in the right way. In our commitment to transparency, we publish our salary data internally and have a genuine open-door policy. You’ll thrive in this environment if you like to discuss your ideas with others and work out solutions together. Check out our careers page to find out more.
You should apply if the work we’re doing sounds interesting to you! You need a good understanding of computer science fundamentals, but we’re happy to let you learn other things on the job.
Our strength is technology and trading with a passion to push the known boundaries of real-time financial technology. With our self-management structure, flexible work environment and uncapped holiday allowance, Smarkets offers a unique opportunity to be part of a great work culture. Our office in St Katharine’s Docks (Tower Hill) comes complete with a fantastic roof terrace and a team of in-house chefs cooking breakfast and lunch every day.
The fine print
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the European Economic Area when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.