Sports Affiliate Manager - London
You’ll own one of the most important marketing channels
Smarkets has enjoyed incredible growth over the last few years and we’re looking for an Affiliate Manager to accelerate the impact of our current and future affiliate partnerships. You’ll own the affiliate channel and be key to the company’s international growth. This is a truly unique opportunity to play a key role at one of the fastest growing companies both in the UK and globally.
You’ll interact with a wide range of external businesses
The Affiliate Manager job will be a hugely varied role, from liaising with existing partners, to scouring the web for the next big traffic source.
All digital partners are different, and the Affiliate Manager will be tasked with finding the sweet spots and areas of opportunity amongst them.
You’ll be constantly interacting with both internal and external stakeholders to optimise the affiliate marketing strategy and drive it forward.
You’ll manage an international network
The affiliates channel is one of the most important areas for Smarkets Exchange, and our brand new sportsbook product, SBK.
As Affiliates Manager, you’ll be introduced to our existing network of affiliates with a view to taking the partnerships to the next level. You’ll line up and land new profitable partnerships to continue to grow the channel in the UK and other emerging markets across the world.
In the next six months your team will…
- Re-design our CRM strategy, writing new and engaging forms of emails with which we communicate with our customers.
- Execute on the opportunities within the space of social media via our growing Twitter and Facebook channels.
- Produce SEO-focused media to further improve the brand’s visibility on search engines.
- Own the customer-facing website content to be constantly current and relevant in line with the event calendar.
- Devise the content launch strategy for a brand new, industry disrupting sportsbook product.
- Bring push notifications to the forefront of our marketing activities by creating the right message, for the right person, at the right time.
- Be a key part of the wider marketing strategy in executing on high-impact advertising both digitally and out-of-home.
- Manage affiliate and digital partner relationships, both current and prospective
- Manage affiliate commercial agreements, commission models and incentives to rapidly increase the growth of the customer base
- Have a strong grasp of ROI and how the affiliate model affects the bottom line
- Report progress to the company and proposed strategies for improvements
- Seek out new opportunities for growth via new affiliates by exploring and continuing to build your knowledge of the space
- Manage affiliate targeted campaigns for both exchange and sportsbook products
- Be on top of current legal partnership and advertising requirements and ensure our partners are compliant
Ideally, you will have
- Experience in affiliate/sales/partnerships/digital marketing, either on the agency side or in house
- Degree-level education
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums, including face-to-face, telephone and written
- Knowledge of the affiliate industry and affiliate marketing best practice
We've built one of the world's largest betting exchanges with significantly better odds than the competition. Our strength is technology and trading with a passion to push the known boundaries of real-time financial technology. With our self-management structure, flexible work environment and unlimited holiday allowance, Smarkets offers a unique opportunity to be part of a great work culture. Our office in St Katharine’s Docks (Tower Hill) comes complete with a fantastic roof terrace and a team of in-house chefs cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner every day.
- We chip into your pension
- Feed you three fantastic, freshly prepared meals every day
- Self management structure and transparent approach to salaries
- Cycle to work scheme
- Uncapped holiday - you take a break when you need it, as long as you don’t leave your team in the lurch!
- Monthly get-togethers - known as “the Expiration party”