Smarkets is a technology company based in central London. We've built one of the world's largest event exchange, also known as a prediction market, with significantly better prices than the competition. Our strength is technology and trading with a passion is to push the known boundaries of real-time financial technology.
We're a growing tech-led team of over 100, boasting more than 30 nationalities, and our platform has handled over £3 billion of bets since launching in 2010, allowing us to become one of the most profitable companies per employee in Europe.
Smarkets prides itself on collecting individuals seeking challenges, and our team members' experiences show this. Come join former financial and adtech engineers, researchers, scientists, and PhDs at one of the most dynamic workforces in Europe.
We're building a responsive front end to facilitate reliable and low-latency trading with thousands of executions per second and in-depth data feeds to help create informed decisions. We deploy multiple times a day to keep production and master in tight sync.
You will be joining a team of 4 frontend engineers who work on a React / Redux based codebase.
- Write clean, modular and testable code with consistent code style.
- Develop and improve the web and mobile applications.
- Define your own role within the context of self-management (we'll help you get settled)
- Strong command over HTML, CSS, JS and understanding of the best practices
- Familiarity with REST APIs, Websockets.
- You have used the latest web stacks or libraries such as React, Angular, LESS, SASS
- You like writing clean, componentized and well-tested code, heavily favouring reuse
- Experience solving cross browser compatibility issues
- You have a proven track record of writing performant code with user accessibility front of mind
- You have written responsive and adaptive code to enable mobile web experiences
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
- Experience of working with React Native / mobile apps.
- UX Experience.
- Self-management structure similar to Valve
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible work environment
- Sit-stand desks with wheels
- Catered meals, drinks, parties on a frequent basis
- Central London office
- Work with some of Europe's smartest software engineers
The salary ranges from £45k - £100k/year, including stock options, and other benefits for qualified candidates. Your salary will be determined by peer review.
This is a full-time job based at our office on the 7th floor at 1 Commodity Quay, St Katharine Docks, London, E1W 1AZ.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the European Economic Area when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.