Smarkets is a Python, C++ and Erlang technology company based in central London, Malta and Los Angeles. We've built one of the world's largest event exchange, also known as a prediction market, with significantly better prices than the competition. Our strength is technology and trading, with a passion to push the known boundaries of real-time financial technology.
We're a growing tech-led team of over 100, with more than 35 nationalities, and our platform has handled over £3 billion of bets since launching in 2010, allowing us to become one of the fastest growing and most profitable companies per employee in Europe.
We’re searching for a highly passionate and creative mid to senior level Product Designer to help build a vision of our end-to-end customer experience. You will be working alongside three other Designers under a flat and self-managed environment. Transparency, collaboration, communication and proactiveness should permeate how you work at Smarkets. Come join us to create the next generation of event trading interfaces!
You will be involved in:
- Helping to create the next generation of betting interfaces for desktop and mobile
- Designing functional and beautiful user interfaces and UX flows
- Creating and executing dynamic and engaging visual designs across multiple devices, web and native
- Mastering our product’s user experience, interaction and visual design
- Working closely with the Design and Web teams to refine and improve our UX/UI
- Engaging with users to understand their needs and how we can improve and enhance the platform to help them
- Supporting your Design colleagues with ad hoc projects and tasks
You will need:
- A great design sense and mastery of typography, colour, and layout
- To execute UI / UX design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Expert skills using Adobe CC and Sketch
- A basic understanding of web technologies and how they work
- To work collaboratively, communicate and liaise with engineering and marketing teams
- Core skills in research, user testing, wireframing and prototyping
- Demonstrable prototyping skills: using tools such as Invision Studio, Flinto, Framer and Principle
- Strong creative problem solving skills
- Great communication skills
- To demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness
It's a bonus if you:
- Have a relevant degree
- Have proven work experience with React Native / mobile apps
- Have prior experience working in a technological start-up
- Have experience working in a flat or self-managed environment
- Flat, self-management structure
- Uncapped holiday
- Flexible work environment
- Sit-stand desks with wheels
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner provided by a team of 3 inhouse chefs
- Monthly socials provided by the company
- Central London office overlooking St Katharine Docks
- Work in a highly technical environment
We are looking for a mid to senior level candidate. Salary starting at £40k but will increase depending on the candidate's experience and skill set match. You will also be awarded a select amount of stock options and take part in our profit sharing scheme, should the company be profitable.
Please submit a portfolio when applying for the advertised position.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position at this point.
This is a full-time job based in St Katharine Docks, London.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the European Economic Area when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.