About the Position
As a Data Analyst at Smarkets you’ll be working in our Marketing team providing valuable, data driven insights on the impact of marketing campaigns. A large component of your role will be to analyse the results of campaigns and make actionable recommendations for what we can do differently next time.
Whether it's boosting our customer retention and reactivation, creating and optimising our marketing activities for our entrance into the US, or brainstorming how to measure the success of a new idea with your team, you’ll be able to see the impact of your work at Smarkets.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a numerical subject (Machine Learning, NLP, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, etc.)
- You have a working knowledge of SQL (Postgres, MySQL) and DB’s in general
- You are familiar with coding, ideally Python or something similar
- You have experience in cleaning, structuring, analysing and visualising data from different sources, making it available and easily understandable
- You enjoy drawing insights from data and using that knowledge to design actionable outcomes
- You enjoy collaborating with data scientists, engineers and marketers
- You have a passion for data science, machine learning or scientific computing
Smarkets brings a professional approach to the sports betting world which has allowed us to create one of the most sophisticated products in the industry. We embrace collaboration and our culture of trust, innovation, and scientific rigour has enabled us to grow to where we are today. Our people have a large impact on the product - be it changing the direction of our technical stack or pushing new features - you’ll be key in driving Smarkets forward.
Our culture is built on the principles of self-management and rewards people on merit and excellence, avoiding the bureaucracy of pyramid management. Ultimately we are a group of like-minded individuals who enjoy learning, playing, and eating the excellent meals provided by the chefs!