Smarkets is changing the world of betting. Our aim is to bring value to users. We are seeking quality people with a passion for customer service to come and join our team as we continue to grow.
We boast over 30 nationalities and are one of just a small group of self managing teams world wide. One way we are fixing the broken sports betting market is by providing outstanding service to our customers.
Currently looking for a committed new team member to join our success story. We’re not looking for someone who is content with doing “just enough.” Ours is a competitive business – we want people who see the challenge and value in excellent performance. This is the mindset that we need in all areas of the company in order to win.
The Role - Client Services Representative:
The centre of the Business Operations team & the first point of contact for all Smarkets customers. You will interact and manage relationships with our customers through multiple channels, as well as ensuring the site is live and accessible.
- Interact with our customers through live chat on the website, phone, email and social media.
- Process payments, check and approve customer documentation and manage other office administrative tasks as required.
- Identify any customer impacting issues on site and raise them with the correct team.
- Go above and beyond to provide an exemplary level of customer support and user experience.
- Outstanding communication skills (this includes strong written and spoken English) with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical groups across different levels.
- Able to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and public holidays.
- Capacity to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Adept at working independently and with little direction (we love self-starters).
- Helping customers to get the most out of the website.
- Good typing/ keyboard skills and computer literacy.
- Passion for the Internet industry, online products & start-up culture.
- Familiarity with bookmakers and betting exchanges.
- Passion and knowledge of sports.
- Our offices are relaxed and casual and we aim to create an environment for happy, productive colleagues. We're located in the heart of St Julian's with sea views from our office sun terrace.
- Catered lunch and snack and drinks bar.
- Office with terrace and sea views of Balluta Bay.
Our office is based The Hedge, Ir-Rampa ta' San Giljan Street St. Julians
- Basic salary of €20,000 to €24,000 depending on experience + night allowance
- Equity participation.
- An exciting career opportunity with a fun, forward-thinking, and growing business.
- We’re not looking for someone who is content with doing “just enough.” Ours is a competitive business – we want people who see the challenge and value in excellent performance. This is the mindset that we need in all areas of the company in order to win.
- You must have the right to work in Malta.
- We are unable to assist with relocation.
Please provide in your cover letter reason(s) this role appealed to you and what drives you? Strong writing and spoken English skills are paramount to the role. Please pay attention to detail with your cover letter.