Your Small Girls adventure starts here…
Small Girls PR is a creatively-driven media relations, influencer and experiential agency championing a personal approach to public relations. We’ve never mass BCC’d, we don’t issue press releases and we’ve only used a wire once when we were forced to by pirates.
Our clients range from Fortune 100s to challenger startups. We’ve handled mergers for GE, landed Outdoor Voices first magazine covers, launched and rolled out Hinge globally, and produced Sweetgreen’s infamous block party festivals. We’ve doubled in size year over year which makes this a good fit for entrepreneurial spirits and storytellers who believe PR is more than just press.
"One of the most successful boutique PR agencies" - BuzzFeed
"The team consistently produces clever PR campaigns that draw attention from major media outlets" - Forbes
How you’ll make an impact:
- Work with internal stakeholders throughout the agency to maintain the bookkeeping process
- Ensure that all receipts and reports are being reviewed and approved on Expensify in a timely manner
- Maintain and monitor out-of-policy submissions
- Work with employees cross functionally to review and approve vendor invoices submitted via bill.com
- Support finance staff’s maintenance of proprietary invoicing worksheet
- Initiate invoice creation (fees) and add expenses in QBO, review and send to clients
Why we’ll love you:
- You have 3-5 years of experience working in a client services industry in a bookkeeping capacity
- Understanding of client services industry including retainer & hourly billing, OOPs (out-of-pocket) expenses
- Experienced in QBO, invoicing, billable expenses, A/R and A/P, and report generation
- Proficient knowledge of Bill.com and Expensify
- Ability to work within the Google suite applications
Why you’ll love us:
- A strong culture: We have an employee-led task force that creates processes and policies for the company, living out our democratic approach to leadership and scaling our positive culture as we grow. We also have a dog friendly office, a committee dedicated to celebrations and outings, book club, intramural leagues, a penchant for karaoke and we’ve even taken our staff on company-wide vacations overseas.
- We invest in you: We give you a 3% 401k contribution whether you decide to contribute or not, and we cover 100% of the costs for at least one of our health plans. That’s all in addition to contributing towards your dental, vision, data plan coverage and daily commute.
- Atypical Time: Competitive PTO is in addition to Summer Fridays and time off for Unsick Days dedicated to your preventative care.
- Professional growth: We double year over year, so we want employees hungry for advancement. That’s why we: have a networking budget set aside to give you an opportunity to connect with new contacts, program monthly SGPR University classes where we bring in outside experts to teach sessions in our offices, host an annual summit for company-wide leadership training, have dedicated 1-on-1s with your Manager every week, and reimburse professional development relevant to your role (from InDesign to public speaking).
We are a diverse and high performing company that is dedicated to creating an inspiring workplace for all. It is the policy of Small Girls PR to provide equal opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.