Small Girls PR is a creatively-driven media relations, influencer and experiential agency championing a personal approach to public relations.
Our clients range from challenger startups to Fortune 500’s. We’ve handled mergers for GE, landed Outdoor Voices first magazine covers, scaled brands like Hinge and Billie since launch, and come up with campaigns that have become the answer to The NY Times crossword puzzle. We’ve doubled in size year over year which makes this a good fit for entrepreneurial spirits.
“One of the most successful boutique PR agencies” -BuzzFeed
How you’ll make an impact:
(Open to both full-time and interim freelance while full-time role is filled)
This individual will oversee all non-billable functions (culture and talent, new business, finance) and provide laid out operations recommendations, backed by research and key insights, to the CEO.
- Directly support the CEO on all areas related to non-billable groups in the business (culture and talent, new business, finance) through priority management
- Act as the CEO’s gatekeeper on projects or decision-making processes that are integral to growing the business
- Oversee cross-functional and company wide initiatives to help drive effectiveness for the business
- Rolling SWOT analysis of business areas keeping a “continuous improvement” mentality top of mind
- Come to every meeting prepared with agenda inclusive of recommendations on how we can improve the agency’s success through employee engagement, process improvements, and cost savings; Follow meetings with next steps, deadline dates & milestone gates
- Spot inefficiencies and create new processes to expand on the agency’s bandwidth and resources
- Work hand in hand with the finance team to ensure effective budgeting, overall financial management of clients + staffing, and P&L
- Manage a variety of internal and external communications for the business that are adjacent to business opportunities
- Have an ear to the ground with what’s going on across the business and align teams in a cohesive way
- Regular calendar audits to ensure the CEO is involved in meetings that support the company’s OKRs (objectives + key results)
- Partner with the CEO and heads of other departments to draft memos as needed
Why we’ll love you:
- You have at least 10+ years of relevant experience (management consulting or high-impact decision making)
- You research, benchmark, and analyze data to ensure every option is presented when you make recommendations
- Expert at wrangling key stakeholders across the business and bringing them together to drive decisions
- You understand how a business operates and want to make a direct impact on the growth of the agency and execution of the CEO’s vision
- You love qualitative and quantitative data and look at it as a way to fuel the goals of the business
- You point positive; colleagues cannot tell when you’re stressed because you are a consummate professional who stays focused and solution-oriented
- You’re known for being resourceful, making things happen against all odds
Why you’ll love us:
- A strong culture: We have an employee-led task force that creates processes and policies for the company, living out our democratic approach to leadership and scaling our positive culture as we grow. We also have a dog friendly office, a committee dedicated to weekly celebrations, book club, intramural leagues, a penchant for karaoke and we’ve done multiple company-wide vacations overseas.
- We invest in you: We give you a 3% 401k contribution whether you decide to contribute or not, and we cover 100% of the costs for at least one of our health plans. That’s all in addition to contributing towards your dental, vision, data coverage and daily commute.
- Atypical Time: Competitive PTO is in addition to Summer Fridays and time off for Unsick Days dedicated to your preventative care.
- Professional growth: We double year over year, so someone who is eager to learn, hungry for advancement, and excited to watch the agency grow is the right fit! That’s why we: have a networking budget set aside to give you an opportunity to connect with new contacts, program monthly SGPR University classes where we bring in outside experts to teach sessions in our offices, host an annual summit for company-wide leadership training, have dedicated 1-on-1s with your Manager every week, and reimburse professional development relevant to your role (from InDesign to public speaking).
We are a diverse and high performing company that is dedicated to creating an inspiring workplace for all. It is the policy of Small Girls PR to provide equal opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.